Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avantelle Drop In Rear Seat Console with Cup Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many have noted as nice as the MS is, it is lacking in some features. Most notably are the storage and cup holder situations. In the front seat I went with soflauthor's CCI and it has been wonderful. It matches my decor perfectly and has the storage and options that make it a home run. I have been looking for a suitable analog for the rear seat. There have been a number of suggestions to recovered amazon seat-top consoles to the very pricey Tesla Rear seat console. I wasn't happy really with either one because of the way they were attached( or not) to the seat. Both relied on some type of strap that really left the console a bit loose on the seat, also they took up the third seat.

In another thread on where to put an NFC into a CCI I heard mention of another company making CCI's and Rear Seat Consoles(RSC). Avantelle out of California makes a rear seat console that sits on the floor. It has a carbon fiber deck and black upholstery on the sides and sits in between the front seats. In my car the front seats are both extended well to the rear which securely holds this RSC in place. It has two cup cupholders and a moderate amount of storage in a covered compartment much like my CCI. In fact they look like they were made in the same place.

IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG

I have the CF interior and this matches as well as the CCI. The insert is low profile, functional and with the right person the third seat is a doable proposition.
Time will tell how well it wears and is usable. I am very pleased so far. So now for the data. It costs 499.00 and shipping is another 21 dollars. The Tesla version is minimally $650. This seems to be a bargain in comparison, not as inexpensive as the Amazon alternative but much nicer. I am very impressed by the build quality and the look of the RSC. Just thought TMC might like to take a look at this RSC option.

Peace,

Father Bill Kessler

I think putting the rear console on the floor instead of between the seats is a better solution than Tesla's OEM accessory. I do wish this company's console came in other trim choices for those of us who have something other than carbon fiber. That's not going to look very complimentary with, for instance, Obeche.