Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB continues to play (in the background) while MS is parked ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I use a USB drive to listen to my favorite songs.
The other day I wanted to replay a song I listened to the previous day. So I selected BROWSE => recently played in order to pick that particular song. Since the songs are chronologically sorted/grouped (today, yesterday,...) I noticed that there were already a bunch of songs listed being played TODAY. The funny/strange part is that the car hasn't been used before on this day. The song I was looking for was listed in the group of YESTERDAY's played songs. I had to scroll down about 70-80 songs.

Once I noticed this behaviour I started to monitor it closely and it's not a one-time issue but occurs constantly.

Anybody else observed the same ?

yeah. This is not really a bug. It's "a feature". The cars software har become so intracate that it has crossed the line between specialized and generalized AI. The cars feels the need to listen to music while parked, and as a safety feature it's not allowed net access so it has to listen to the stuff that's on local media, over and over again for entertainment.

The cars feels the need to listen to music while parked
I can understand that. I do have an amazing collection on the USB..

But on a more serious note: I noticed the same. I got several full Springsteen shows on my USB, each about 3 to 4 hours long. I start a new show, park the car, do some shopping, come back and have to listen to the encores. Not a very big deal, but annoying nonetheless.