Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best location for an NFC tag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to place an NFC tag in my Model S that can be used to enable/disable the travel settings for my cellphone.

I was looking for suggestions for the most effective/least obtrusive location for the tag.

My interior is carbon fiber/alcantara, and unfortunately the carbon fiber appears to interfere with the NFC connection.

I also have an Evannex Center Console (also in carbon fiber), but before I stick it on the upholstery was wondering if someone else had already come up with a clever solution.

I'd like to place an NFC tag in my Model S that can be used to enable/disable the travel settings for my cellphone.

I was looking for suggestions for the most effective/least obtrusive location for the tag.

My interior is carbon fiber/alcantara, and unfortunately the carbon fiber appears to interfere with the NFC connection.

I also have an Evannex Center Console (also in carbon fiber), but before I stick it on the upholstery was wondering if someone else had already come up with a clever solution.

This console has an NFC integrated. I think somewhere in the console would be best if you can work around the carbon fiber.
Avantelle - Tesla Luxury Center Console

Not in a tesla, but in my personal vehicle, and my work truck, I have an NFC tag on my visor, somehow it feels like a decent place for it.

*slaps head* of course. And this works great. Thanks.

This console has an NFC integrated. I think somewhere in the console would be best if you can work around the carbon fiber.
Avantelle - Tesla Luxury Center Console

That's where I actually got the idea from. Unfortunately, no place on the Evannex CCI seems to be a good spot.

I have my tag below the USB ports.

The CCI interferes with that space.