Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweet regarding LTE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Tweet regarding LTE [UPDATE: Tweet Removed]

Not sure if you follow Elons' Tweets but there has been a guy with 4G on his Tesla and here is followup tweet by another guy.
Wonder if Telstra will follow suit?

This will help with Sat Nav refresh and Browser if we ever get one.
What other advantages/disadvantages?

Last edited:
He needs to seriously filter his tweets by PR first.

Though this tweet is really cool once you figure it out (a bit unobvious at first):

Another good riddle: drill a hole thru a sphere such that the height of what remains of the sphere is 10cm. What is its remaining volume?

GREAT quiz on first examination; on second - drilling​ down to First Principles - it's super-easy.

Without looking up your napkin ring, I claim Dborn has it, other than his "no longer" caveat. Now, I'm basing my claim upon faith that your own puzzle is not being devious in that I am taking it upon your word that, regardless of the size of the initial sphere, once the appropriate hole has been drilled, all such quondam spheres satisfy the identical remaining volume.

That being the case, then go to the limits. That is, start with a sphere that is just larger than 10cm in diameter, and drill a hole that is just larger than exactly 0cm. We've almost satisfied the size criterion. Go one step further: start with a sphere of exactly 10cm and a hole of exactly 0cm...and we're there. And that sphere's volume is, of course, 4/3 pi r^3 or, (pi*500)/3 or approx. 523.6 cm^3.

So, unless you've slipped us all a mickey, all other such "napkin ring" quondam spheres will have that same volume.

QED

Now, I made up a new quiz last night but I've forgot it already so we can go back to discussing Elon's Cheshire Cat of a tweet. Yes, I like that: Elon's Cheshire Cat tweets. Just like the one his avatar is holding....

Yeah. North Pole is correct. Another of Elons tweets.
The sphere is still a problem for me though.
Actually as raynewman pointed out, it also works for near the S pole. You're at a point near the S pole, go 1 km south to a location where the circle around the S Pole is exactly 1 km, turn to the W, walk around the S pole, then go north 1 km and you're back at your original position.

Or, at a point nearer to the S pole, go 1 km south to a location where the circle around the S Pole is exactly 1/n km [for any counting number n], turn to the W, walk 1 km, then go north 1 km and you're back at your original position. This puzzle has an infinite number of solutions.