Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla found source of a noise (funny)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
So, one of the things Tesla was checking while my fiance's car was in for annual service was the sound of something rolling around behind the dash somewhere. Well, just got the verdict on that one and I was cracking up. Figured I'd share.

Concern: Customer states: There seems to be something rolling around inside behind the dash that can be heard when taking turns
Corrections: Interior NVH General Diagnosis
Test drove vehicle, confirmed noise coming from floor area, inspection found 3 jellybeans and a Listerine pack sliding around in footwell vents, removed items from vents and test drove, noise was no longer heard.
Pay Type: Goodwill

I thought it was amusing. I'm at a loss for how those things got there, however. I'm going to chalk it up to gnomes and move on.

Thanks, Tesla. ;)

So, one of the things Tesla was checking while my fiance's car was in for annual service was the sound of something rolling around behind the dash somewhere. Well, just got the verdict on that one and I was cracking up. Figured I'd share.

Concern: Customer states: There seems to be something rolling around inside behind the dash that can be heard when taking turns
Corrections: Interior NVH General Diagnosis
Test drove vehicle, confirmed noise coming from floor area, inspection found 3 jellybeans and a Listerine pack sliding around in footwell vents, removed items from vents and test drove, noise was no longer heard.
Pay Type: Goodwill

I thought it was amusing. I'm at a loss for how those things got there, however. I'm going to chalk it up to gnomes and move on.

Thanks, Tesla. ;)

rear Footwell. There are tubes under the front seats to heat the rear foot wells. They are long tubes that lead to the front heater. Stuff gets up there on rapid deceleration. especially round items. Move the front seat way forward to see them.