Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couples of 1/4mile runs with my 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want to see this at high SOC :smile:

I wanted to go there tomorrow night but weather forecast call for rain so it probably won't happen.

Are those your tires squealing or the next lane?

Front tires squealing. This track is on concrete (airport runway) instead of regular pavement (asphalt) so it's a bit less "grippy" and there was a lot of rubber on the track. Since this was a "street drag night" ($10 to get in, as many run as you like) - no glue on the track.

Under full acceleration the 85D has much of its weight in the back and since both motor have similar output, the rear one cannot "push" the car forward enough - hence tire slip in the front. The P85D does not have this problem. The rear motor can keep up ;)

On the first run, I was alone. 2nd Run was with a passenger against a old Lancer with an EVO Swap. 3rd one against a FJ Cruiser and last one against a Chevy 2500 HD (the guy in my car on the 2nd run)

- - - Updated - - -

What are the times? Pls post in text
#1 62%SOC: [email protected] (lifted the accelerator 100ft from the end - my first time at this drag strip)
#2 59%SOC: 12.7?? (timer error)
#3 57%SOC: 12.735@?? (printer error, no slip)
#4 54%SOC: [email protected]

I went again last night with a friend who owns a SL65 AMG (Twin Turbo V12)

This time I was at 89%SOC for the 1st run and 86% for the second one. I had a passenger both times and around 80lbs of stuff in the frunk. (last time I emptied the frunk)

Exterior temp was around 72F and elevation 270' above sea level.

#1 : [email protected]
#2 : [email protected]

Next time I'll empty the frunk and try without a passenger.. I hope to see a 12.5XX :)

Last edited by a moderator: