Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in taking over my P85D on order, available next week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85D arriving in Chicago within the next week or so, but have recently come to the conclusion that the 85D would have been a better fit, after getting a chance to drive it recently. Assuming the order can be transferred, any interest out there in a grey on grey P85D with 19" base wheels, grey brake calipers, tech, air, pano, next gen seats, obeche matte, black headliner, high fidelity sound, premium interior, cold weather package, and rear facing seats? Price as configured is $128,820 (before tax incentives).

Just testing the waters for now.

That was my conclusion as well. I ordered that exact same car except for gloss instead of matte and no subzero. I did this after driving the P85D and deciding I didn't need the extra acceleration. I haven't test driven the 85D, so I'm glad to hear you are happy with the 85D.

Hopefully someone will jump on this chance to get a very sharp car very quickly!

@scottm I'd save about 15K if I walked away and ordered the 85D, counting the lost deposit, at least with similar options.

and @rdalcanto yup, the tighter suspension and steering was the bigger reason for me. the 85D seems to have improved on that floaty feeling, though, at least vs the 85.

in any case, I took an hour long "reassurance" drive in a demo P85D this afternoon, and I think I'm sticking with it. hard to be objective / pragmatic with something this much fun to drive. I even managed to squeeze around a 260 wh/m average over 15 miles or so, in relaxed suburban driving, which eased my concern about the PD being a watt hog.

managed to squeeze around a 260 wh/m average over 15 miles or so, in relaxed suburban driving, which eased my concern about the PD being a watt hog.

If you were willing to give up a multi-thousand $ deposit, a few cents per charge wouldn't have been much of an issue...
Also note that recent posts seem to imply the 85D isn't much better on range than an 85.

Enjoy your P85D!