Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade last years P85 to P85D and the Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know (or can point me to relevant information) if the $7500 tax credit can be taken more the once in different years. So, I'm going to take the credit for 2014 for the purchase of the P85. Would I qualify for the 2015 credit if I were to order and take delivery of the P85D this year?

MA has introduced a $2500 take credit (after I purchased the P85) as well that I'm hoping to take advantage of.

Drew

Does anyone know (or can point me to relevant information) if the $7500 tax credit can be taken more the once in different years. So, I'm going to take the credit for 2014 for the purchase of the P85. Would I qualify for the 2015 credit if I were to order and take delivery of the P85D this year?

MA has introduced a $2500 take credit (after I purchased the P85) as well that I'm hoping to take advantage of.

Drew

As long as the credit is being offered in a particular year, still, you can use it as many years as you'd like.

I'm pretty sure you can even use it more than once in the same year, provided you have the tax liability required to claim the credit. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please)

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional.

As long as the credit is being offered in a particular year, still, you can use it as many years as you'd like.

I'm pretty sure you can even use it more than once in the same year, provided you have the tax liability required to claim the credit. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please)

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional.

Yes, you can claim it once per new car purchase, and you can claim two in one year. I claimed 15k in 2013 for a model s and a colt, and will claim 7500 in 2014 for the P85D.