Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is it now??? The famous Roadster #750

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they drove #750 across country to the Detroit Auto Show where it met up with #1000.
Basically #750 was displayed as a dirty example that Roadsters are real world cars meant to be driven, and #1000 was shown off in its' pristine, detailed glory.
I think #1000 was made soon after #750, but they skipped forward a bunch of VINs so they could commemorate the "1000th Roadster."
(But that probably took into account EPs, VPs, Founders, and some European Roadsters, so they doled out North American VIN#1000 a bit early.)

Old pictures:

4231531041_910ff17af3_b.jpg
EFusco said:
Tesla Roadster Sport #750 stopped in Nixa, Mo @ Crankshaft Motorsports Shop enroute to Detroit on the cross-country marathon drive.

2010 Detroit - Proceeds from Sale of Tesla Roadster No. 1000 Goes to Charity

Tesla Roadster #1000:
tesla_roadster_1000.jpg

Tesla Roadster #750:
tesla_roadster_750.jpg

Also on display at the show was a special Arctic White Roadster Sport which is Tesla No. 750. Representatives from Tesla Motors said that the roadster was driven “through nine states, three time zones and two snowstorms — without a drop of gasoline.” The body of the roadster comes complete with a map, in decal form, of the 2,700 mile route taken to Detroit from California by Tesla employees.

That was the original concept car, so it had a LOT of differences from later alphas/betas/production models.

See the mirror here:
das2010-production2-30.jpg
(I think it was originally gray, but got damaged in shipping, so they repainted it in a Signature Red like color.)