Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modesta paint protection application on new Michigan Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my P85D after taking it in for new car paint protection with Modesta P-01 A Primer and BC-05 Glass coating. I looked long and hard for a Modesta-authorized installer and came across Zeke Costello, owner/operator at MintYourCar.com, after I heard about him some where here on the forums. I picked up the car last night - all I can say is WOW! I can't believe the incredible shine and the depth of gloss. It looks so awesome. Zeke did a phenomenal job. He is attentive, detail-oriented, and treated the car like it was his very own. He even has a high-def "baby monitor" on his web site so you can check-in on your car any time you want to see how the work is coming along. He made this video of the preparation and Modesta application on my car. It really highlights the quality of his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJntaruVbo&feature=youtu.be

As for the Modesta, I have limited experience except what I have read on the internet and elsewhere on the forums, but so far, I have been impressed at how easily the dirt washes off. After the 2.5 hour drive home last night in the snowstorm here in Michigan, the car was covered in snow, ice, dirt, and salt. I literally rinsed it off with low pressure water, and the car looks clean. I won't be able to use soap on it for a week yet, but if the results from a simple fresh water rinse is indicative of the low maintenance in my future, I am going to love this stuff!

IMG_1488.jpg

Outstanding video, thanks for posting. Can you go into how you chose that coating vs OptiCoat and other choices?
So, let me first say I am no expert here and can only tell you what I have read on various forums. The stated advantages of Modesta are that it is a few microns thicker, can withstand harsher conditions, and has better durability. Modesta also apparently has more depth and gloss to it than Opti-Coat. With that being said, I have no experience with either, until this Modesta paint protection that was applied recently to my car.