Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Center Console (Arduino)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have plans to make a center console with some active features for close/open compartments, rising/lowering phone holders or cup holders and maybe some LED's if I can find a way to do it without making it to look to "flashy" or "bling". My thoughts are to use a Arduino as control.
I don't have the car yet so I have a couple of questions and I would be very happy if someone knows the answer to them.

1 - What are the dimensions of the floor and how high are the sides?
2 - Is it possible to get a CAD model (Solid Works) of the premium center console that Tesla sells?
3 - Anyone has a idea how to control the Arduino from the Tesla screen (maybe using a webapp)?
4 - Is it stupid to try to match the color (black for me) or should I use another color just to not get close but not al the way?
5 - What features would you like in the center console?

Thanks and merry christmas to you all!!!

Hi, I have plans to make a center console with some active features for close/open compartments, rising/lowering phone holders or cup holders and maybe some LED's if I can find a way to do it without making it to look to "flashy" or "bling". My thoughts are to use a Arduino as control.
I don't have the car yet so I have a couple of questions and I would be very happy if someone knows the answer to them.

1 - What are the dimensions of the floor and how high are the sides?
2 - Is it possible to get a CAD model (Solid Works) of the premium center console that Tesla sells?
3 - Anyone has a idea how to control the Arduino from the Tesla screen (maybe using a webapp)?
4 - Is it stupid to try to match the color (black for me) or should I use another color just to not get close but not al the way?
5 - What features would you like in the center console?

Thanks and merry christmas to you all!!!

Hi Pontus,

can you show us some of your design ideas? I was thinking of designing and building a rear seat center console with built in storage for an ipad for films etc. the idea is to make the back more like a panamera or cls ie: luxurious 4 seater. right now I have the evannex center console in the front but would love to get my hands on the tesla one since I think it is purer design wise..... but getting it seems almost impossible at least in europe.....

I'll try to get you the measures you are looking for tomorrow.

felix b.