Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW Active E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
BMW ActiveE Project i Megacity Electric Vehicle Concept Revealed In New Teaser Images | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

Detroit Preview: BMW Concept ActiveE set to amp up 1 Series - Autoblog Green

2010-bmw-activeeconcept-projecti-megacity-electricvehicle-1seriescoupe-05.jpg

2010-bmw-activeeconcept-projecti-megacity-electricvehicle-1seriescoupe-06.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the indicators for how far away home and work are. I've got an iPhone app to quickly tell me that. Would be nice to have right on the display. And give me a warning when my range is less than 10 miles above how far away I am from home.

There is a new Facebook group for those who are interested in following developments: ActiveE | Facebook

By the way, the charging port on this concept car is the same as the Mini E...

BMW-Concept-ActiveE-teaser2.jpg

...which makes sense for an immediate one off, but I wonder if BMW will try to establish another de facto "standard" for their cars?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/01/bmw-active-e-lease/

bmw_active-e_electric01.jpg

o word on when BMW will start taking applications from those looking to lease the cars. If you’re interested, be warned: The process for the Mini-E was pretty arduous. That won’t keep us from putting our name on the list, just as soon as we figure out how to hide the monthly lease in our expense reports.

Last edited:
BMW North America
The BMW Concept ActiveE
BMW's first all-electric concept vehicle is coming: Introducing the Concept ActiveE.
The Concept ActiveE achieves entirely CO2-free mobility. But this achievement does not hinder incredible performance. The ActiveE will go up to 100 miles on one charge, depending on conditions and can accelerate from 0-60 in under 9 seconds.

The style of the all-new vehicle is similar to that of the 1 Series, offering sporty design and incredible agility. Further performance enhancements include both an overall weight-reduced construction and the optimal placement of the electric motor in the rear axle. The low center of gravity and axle load distribution create the exhilarating, power-driven handling enjoyed in all BMW vehicles.

That shouldn't be a serious competition for the Model S. It's a lot smaller, seats 4 or maybe 5, has very low performance for a BMW and it's not really a luxury sedan as the Model S. This is their entrylevel BMW after all. This might be a good competitor for the Bluestar though, especially BMWs v2.0 of this car.

Cobos