Thread: Does Tesla Business Lease include GAP?

Does Tesla Business Lease include GAP?

Does a business lease through Tesla come with GAP? I've looked all over the website and can't find an answer.

I know that most luxury car manufactures include Gap with their leases.

Thank you for any info

Don't know for Tesla, but I can tell you that none of my previous MB / Audi / BMW had offered anything along those lines. I got gap insurance through my personal car insurance. Importantly, you can only order that first time when you insure it (at least that is what my insurance agent told me). Worth your peace of mind (few dollars more per month) - seeing the appraisals on Tesla's this is going to be a must.

I have a lease on my Volt through US Bank and GAP is included in the lease agreement. Toyota charges extra for it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by svp6 View Post
    Don't know for Tesla, but I can tell you that none of my previous MB / Audi / BMW had offered anything along those lines. I got gap insurance through my personal car insurance. Importantly, you can only order that first time when you insure it (at least that is what my insurance agent told me). Worth your peace of mind (few dollars more per month) - seeing the appraisals on Tesla's this is going to be a must.

I vaguely recall that different states had different rules for this. Some states I think have to include it in the lease. Some require it to be included (or at least) offered by your car insurer. So there may not be a single answer to this.
    85D | Grey Leather Seats | Black Headliner | Piano Black | Pano Roof | Tech Package (Autopilot) | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Confirmed: 11/6/14
    VIN P56107 traded on 11/20/14

I reviewed the draft of my lease agreement this week. It implies that there is GAP coverage. It is not as clear as I would like, so I will likely still tack it on to my personal policy.
    P85 | Steel Grey / Grey Leather Seats | Piano Black Trim | 21" Grey Turbine | Parking Sensors | Pano Roof | Fog Lights | Black alcantara headliner + dash | Spoiler | Red Calipers | Premium Lighting | Tech Pkg | Console | Ordered + Confirmed: 8/2/2014 | VIN: 55682 (8/25/14) | Production: (10/2/14) | Delivery: (10/22/14)

Quote Originally Posted by svp6 View Post
    It may be a state thing but every BMW, Infiniti, Cadillac & Audi I have ever leased included Gap.

I did call and confirm with Tesla and their business lease does indeed include gap coverage.

Thread Information