Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rial Luganos and Nokians for Winter Wheels & Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experience/comments with the following winter wheel/tire configuration:

Rial Lugano Silver Wheels (19x8.5)
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 (245/45R19)

Although I did see threads about 2 people who have had some problems with the Rial Wheels, I was wondering whether these are rare exceptions.

P85+ | Pearl White | Black Performance Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Piano Black | Fog Lamps| Sub Zero | Alcantara Headliner & Upper DT | UHFS | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Parcel Shelf | CF Spoiler | RB Calipers | Delivery - late July |

No one has had any problems with the R2 tires, other than that they are not summer performance tires. There were a lot of Rial wheels sold last winter to TMC members and there are not that many complaints. Problem is we don't know the full details on the ones that had problems. Low pressures and heavy cars are a recipe for wheel problems (Not saying that this is what happened, just that we don't really know.)

I put Nokian Hakka R2s on the stock Tesla 19" rims and bought Rial Lugano Silver for my stock Goodyear tires. I have the exact same setup you're asking about only with the tires on opposite rims. No problems at all with any of the components, and the R2s are excellent winter tires.