Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk's Presentation and Q&A Session at Shareholders' Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aphysician

Member, Michigan Chapter
May 3, 2013
Metro Detroit, MI
Dear Fellow Members,

I could not be attend recent shareholder meet, which I regretted a bit as this meet was supposed to be great. The video is available now for anyone to watch. It is refreshing to watch the entire presentation, but if you are short on time, please see the topics listed below with the timemark. There is nothing new for hardcore fans, but I still found Elon's take on some questions interesting. You will find many things that we discuss here regularly, good to know that these things are on his mind as well. If nothing else then you MUST see his answer to NADA protests. I hope to keep this thread current and will post future meetings in similar format. Enjoy.

Video:
2013 Shareholder Meeting | Tesla Motors

Liveblog:
Live Blog 2012 Shareholders Meeting June 4, 2013 | Forums | Tesla Motors

Presentation
Consumer Report Ratings - 9:20
Sales in Q1 - 11:30
Future products - 13:00
Projected demand - 14:45
Importance of owners community - 16:30
Future stores and service centers - 17:00
Strategy for Midwest - 18:50
Supercharger announcement - 19:30
Musk LAX-NYC trip - 21:20
Improvement in supercharger technology - 23:20
Navigation Software update - 24:30
Model X (falcon wing doors and AWD) - 26:20
Roadmap - 31:10

Q and A Session
Pedestrian notification - 32:20
Cashflow Management and capital expenditure (Porsche comparo) - 37:00
Incentive plan for owners - 39:50
Quickcharge Announcement - 40:30
Falcon wing doors in snow/rain and with ski equipment - 41:20
Future charging/supercharging options for city dwellers - 43:00
Model S Lifecycle/refresh - 45:20
Supercharger Access for other Tesla powered cars - 47:20
Reaction to NADA protests (Must Watch) - 49:20
Gen III ideas - 54:20
Supercharger Infrastructure - 55:40
Future Risks - 58:00
New Battery Technology - 59:50
Integration of Solar/Sustainable power with Supercharger Network, Running Costs for supercharger and Solar roof for car - 62:00
Plan for emerging markets and Sales approach - 68:10
Alliance with hotels and ZEV credits - 70:10
Tesla Brand Image - 73:30
Super-capacitors in battery technology - 75:00
Supercharging for Roadster owners - 76:00
Future of EV - 78:30
Midwest expansion - 81:00
Electric Motorcycles - 82:40

Last edited:
As mentioned before, no obvious big news here (save that for the 20th). However, there were some interesting nuggets to be found if you listen closely. To me, the main ones were:

A) The June 20th announcement is not related to the improvements in supercharging but in addition to them.
B) The falcon-wing doors on Model X will have provisions to combat weather and Tesla will reveal innovative solutions which allow it to maintain utility (ie: carry skis)
C) Hints as to the planned refresh/remodel cycle for Tesla vehicles like Model S

Overall, definitely worth a listen.

BTW, am I the only person who finds it funny that everyone would announce themselves as Tesla shareholders at a shareholders' meeting?

A) The June 20th announcement is not related to the improvements in supercharging but in addition to them.

Great pointing out those nuggets, but, wanted to add some more color to your note on "A" here... he further answered that the June 20th announcement would be a "live demonstration" -- making it the most demonstrative announcements of all. I know I'm being speculative here but June 20th could conclude all his five announcements with something quite surprising and breakthrough. :biggrin:

BTW, am I the only person who finds it funny that everyone would announce themselves as Tesla shareholders at a shareholders' meeting?
Funny, but not surprising. :) I did find it interesting to see how long before Elon stopped asking if people had bought or reserved a vehicle. After the first couple "No"s it became awkward.