Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's new Strategy?!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New strategy = shorter distance between SC, perhaps 100 miles instead 150 miles. Hints of this were dropped by EM in aftermath of NYT/Broder affair.
Owners will like it because SC will be useable by both 60kWh and 85kWh cars.

The two other parts of the announcement I believe would be partnering with national restaurant chain to facilitate drammatic increase in the deployment of SC (coast-to-coast in 3-6 months), and two-fold increase in speed of SC. Again, owners (of cars AND company) will be delighted.

Well, not to over-parse the tweet, but to over-parse the tweet:

I think that the use of the word strategy without a modifier is all-encompassing and will be bigger than just service/superchargers/wireless service or other component. I'm willing to bet they've been revamping aspects of the whole approach. At least that's what I'm hoping.

The key to narrowing down the meaning may be Musk's final sentence: "Tesla owners will like this."

That implies something that current owners would like. A larger Supercharger network is a possibility. That may explain nearly 3% advances in both Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) shares at this moment today.

EDIT: According to Reuters, "A spokeswoman for the company said Friday's announcement will focus on service."

Last edited:
The key to narrowing down the meaning may be Musk's final sentence: "Tesla owners will like this."

That implies something that current owners would like. A larger Supercharger network is a possibility. That may explain nearly 3% advances in both Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) shares at this moment today.

Keep in mind that this is likely not supercharger related. Elon confirmed that this is part 3 of the 5 part trilogy. A quick recap on the 5 parts:

1) TSLA Profitable
2) Lease
3) Service
4) Supercharger
5) Right under your nose

On the one hand, he may have just lost track of which is number 3. On the other hand, he likes making a very big public fuss with all his announcements, and the service-side thing so far was fairly low-key.