Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk interviewed at USA Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this should not get into Musk's head. IMO he should aim for a much larger revolution in the personal transportation industry than what Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did in the personal computing industry.

All this should not get into Musk's head. IMO he should aim for a much larger revolution in the personal transportation industry than what Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did in the personal computing industry.

He could be aiming for something like that with the Hyperloop. As far as I'm aware, Musk has not shown the paper on it yet but that may be his next project.

I'm pretty sure he's said that he wouldn't be making it a personal project, but rather he'd put it out there for others to take it up and run with it.

Well I'm sure he wants to turn it into something he can build with a new company or joint partnership between all this companies. He's said in previous interviews that he has engineers from SpaceX and Tesla actively working on the Hyperloop project.

I remember Elon said something like; It's not the EVs Tesla makes, it's the EVs other manufacturers make because of Tesla (or something like that).

So an EV in every garage will do nicely :smile:

Yeah, in pretty much any interview Elon is in about Tesla, he seems to stress that Tesla is more interested in EV adoption than becoming the "biggest" car company. Tesla is happy to sell the tech to other car companies that want to make EVs. Elon acts like it wouldn't bother him if they sold more EVs than Tesla, as long as it meant fewer ICE (and hybrids too).