Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

Inertia Reel Fail

I had this great idea (kinda like, "hold my beer and watch this") of using a medical gas hose retractor to hold the power cable when plugging in BadA** at home.

Well, as it went, the power cable was much heavier than the gas hose would be, and it was a no-go. Back to square one. Here, hold my beer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You can lose a lot of beers that way.

Did I mention that my wife now wants an "X" - I am all for that. She wants to wait until the supercharging stations get built in the DFW-HOU-SAT region (that's where our long jaunts will be). But I caught her scanning the Teslamotors.com site and then with a smirk and a smile states "I really like this X thing"

We may be a two Tesla family sooner than I thought.

How much does the cord weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    How much does the cord weigh?
    Excellent question. It acutally varies from the point that I zip tie (or wire) it to the garage door support. I suppose I could whittle it down to a few pounds, but then it would dangle just off the floor which is what I am achieving with the inertia reel. I exmined one of the hoses here at work and they are far more lighter than I thought the cord would be ...

... I will weight the cord the next time I release it from the door support.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    Did I mention that my wife now wants an "X" - I am all for that. She wants to wait
    You know the drill. Reserve immediately, pretending you'll defer when the time comes, and then don't actually defer.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Did I mention that my wife now wants an "X" - I am all for that. She wants to wait until the supercharging stations get built in the DFW-HOU-SAT region (that's where our long jaunts will be). But I caught her scanning the Teslamotors.com site and then with a smirk and a smile states "I really like this X thing"

We may be a two Tesla family sooner than I thought.
    My wife's already got a Model x res and my mom (after riding around in my dad's Model S) made herself a Model X reservation. This doesn't seem to be all that uncommon... which totally makes sense and is awesome!
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    My wife's already got a Model x res and my mom (after riding around in my dad's Model S) made herself a Model X reservation. This doesn't seem to be all that uncommon... which totally makes sense and is awesome!
    Just gave a co-worker a ride. Did the drill: "silent whisp away from the car park, big screen "woah"!, etc. We hit the bridge over the pond, enough strait to pin him in the seat. He is selling his AMG63. I have converted another ...

Owning this thing is pure elation. No kidding ....

Just gave a co-worker a ride. Did the drill: "silent whisp away from the car park, big screen "woah"!, etc. We hit the bridge over the pond, enough strait to pin him in the seat. He is selling his AMG63. I have converted another ...

Owning this thing is pure elation. No kidding ....
    You look thirsty, do you want some Kool-Aid?

85 kWh Silver Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Int: Black Leather with (Gloss) Obeche Wood and CCI, Pkgs: Tech, Sound Studio, Air, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith2189 View Post
    You look thirsty, do you want some Kool-Aid?
    My co-worker asked me yesterday where he could get some of the same Kool-Aid that I'd been drinking. This was after telling him the extra hoops Texas is making us jump through to become owners.

Thread Information