Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 242

Thread: Pacific NW - Superchargers

  1. #11
    Model S5,651, Model X109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    I grew up in Eugene and my mom lives there (and aunts, cousins, etc). If you're in anything related to employment law you might have met her (she worked in Eugene some of her career, though worked for the AG in Salem for most of the later years), though she retired in January.

    Consequently, the wife and I visit regularly.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find that I have met her. I do Workers' Comp Law (among other things) and I grew up in Eugene. My father's also a lawyer and also grew up here. Have you talked your mom into installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet for you? If you need the name/number of a good electrician in Eugene I can hook you up with the guy who put mine in.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to find that I have met her. I do Workers' Comp Law (among other things) and I grew up in Eugene. My father's also a lawyer and also grew up here. Have you talked your mom into installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet for you? If you need the name/number of a good electrician in Eugene I can hook you up with the guy who put mine in.
    I'm sure we probably know (in the "heard of" sense) some of the same people.

    The other big trip I want to make is Portland/Ashland, but I won't be coming back the same day on that. It's too far for one charge though, I'll have to hit a supercharger somewhere along the way.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Yeah, I know, I'm hoping to be able to do the topping off while I'm in Portland doing whatever it is I'm there for instead of on the road. For instance, when I come up for all-day CLE (continuing legal education) at the convention center I'm hoping to be able to use their chargers. Obviously, if I'm staying overnight it won't be a problem.

    What kind of things bring you to folks to Eugene, if you don't mind my asking?

    Don't forget Ducks football!

  4. #14
    Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sherwood, OR, USA
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Yeah, I know, I'm hoping to be able to do the topping off while I'm in Portland doing whatever it is I'm there for instead of on the road. For instance, when I come up for all-day CLE (continuing legal education) at the convention center I'm hoping to be able to use their chargers. Obviously, if I'm staying overnight it won't be a problem.

    What kind of things bring you to folks to Eugene, if you don't mind my asking?
    My kids live there with their mom. So, frequent trips. (The IT market dried up there, so I had to follow the "food source" northward.)
    AndyM - Model S P85 竜 - Portland, OR - www.PDXTesla.com local organizer.

  5. #15
    Model S5,651, Model X109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by adiggs View Post
    Don't forget Ducks football!
    I wonder if we could convince Uncle Phil to put in some HPWC at Autzen... with preferred parking, of course.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    My kids live there with their mom. So, frequent trips. (The IT market dried up there, so I had to follow the "food source" northward.)
    Pretty common story unfortunately. I have a buddy who got married over the summer. His wife couldn't find a job in Eugene so they're now living apart until she can (she was able to find something in Portland).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    I'm sure we probably know (in the "heard of" sense) some of the same people.

    The other big trip I want to make is Portland/Ashland, but I won't be coming back the same day on that. It's too far for one charge though, I'll have to hit a supercharger somewhere along the way.
    Hmm, if the southern charger is at 7 feathers that's going to be just about perfect if you can manage to moderate your driving a little.

  6. #16
    Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sherwood, OR, USA
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    I think that the southern Oregon location looks to be farther north than Medford. I'm guessing the Grants Pass area or 7 Feathers Casino in Canyonville. There's already a 70amp Roadster HPC there and a few other EV chargers. I bet the Casino wouldn't mind the captive audience either. Oh, and it's RIGHT on the freeway.
    I stand out-guessed. Your's is better.
    AndyM - Model S P85 竜 - Portland, OR - www.PDXTesla.com local organizer.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post


    Hmm, if the southern charger is at 7 feathers that's going to be just about perfect if you can manage to moderate your driving a little.
    I believe the 7 Feathers Resort has RV hookups. It might be worthwhile to call and see if they have a special rate for car charging.

  8. #18
    I read at Tesla Motors site that representative at the Bellevue store stated that one of the Supercharger stations will be in Centralia, WA.
    Close to perfect placement for me. Those small towns needed a good shot in the arm anyway.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    313
    makes sense, but also not close to where the red dot is on their map, guess those dots were pretty made up

  10. #20
    Senior Member jcstp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,624
    Just noticed this nice place has ev-charging Green Springs Inn

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Superchargers
    By Doug_G in forum Canada
    Replies: 1597
    Last Post: 2014-09-05, 09:00 PM
  2. What's the Ideal Distance Between Superchargers?
    By Cattledog in forum North America
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2014-03-03, 12:36 PM
  3. Will The Real Pacific Blue Please Stand Up
    By Tommy in forum Model S: Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2013-09-06, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 09:01 AM
  5. Track Day at Pacific Grand Prix
    By tomsax in forum News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2010-03-27, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •