Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USS support disabled at end of FSD demo [false alarm - setting in menus to turn on]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that USS support has been disabled after termination of the FSD demo.

I have a 2022 MYLR with 2024.3.25 firmware and not only are the distance measurements gone but the screen now has those gosh awful mashed potato blobs all over it. I want my USS back!

On the plus side, the car avatar has had its rear brake light enhanced so you can now see when it lights up.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
It appears that USS support has been disabled after termination of the FSD demo.

I have a 2022 MYLR with 2024.3.25 firmware and not only are the distance measurements gone but the screen now has those gosh awful mashed potato blobs all over it. I want my USS back!

On the plus side, the car avatar has had its rear brake light enhanced so you can now see when it lights up.
I have the same car and the same software. Mine works fine. There is a setting giving you the option of using either the USS or the Camera based system, but not both.

Just switch it back to USS. Controls > Autopilot

Reactions: MP3Mike
I thought the same. However, the setting for Standard/Tesla Vision is still there under Park Assist in the Autopilot menu for my 2022 yoked, USS MSLR on 2024.3.25 after free FSDS was ended on May 1. I will be keeping the setting on Tesla Vision. I think the visualization is superior to the crazy USS squiggly wiggling lines. One other impressive thing is that Tesla Vision showed a red blob in my garage where the garage door would've been if it was closed!!
1000029824.jpg

1000029745.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 21 MY and never lost USS during the FSD demo. After the demo, it is still functioning as before.

USS is accurate down to the inch. Not sure I can say the same with Tesla Vision.
USS vs Tesla Vision was configurable during the FSDS trial. USS could've remained enable by selecting Standard in the Park Assist setting. A Tesla Vision setting would replace USS functionality. See post #3 for a screen shot of the Park Assist setting.

I went back to USS instead of Vision. I decided while Vision is cool, I'd rather have the accuracy of USS. Now, if they could just merge the two together, that would be perfect!
That won't happen since it is only limited to a relatively small amount of Tesla fleet that has both the Ryzen chip and USS sensors. Think Jan 2022 to Oct 2022.