Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What folks need to consider is that the single competitor's car line who's sales are being most disrupted by the Tesla Model 3 SR+ is the Toyota Camry and Corrolla.

This is what we call the "Tesla stretch", where folks are spending 10's of thousands more on the initial purchase of a new car than they would otherwise, simply to get the benefits of the economics of operating a Model 3.

When the compact car comes in at the same price as a Corolla, Toyoda effed will be... ;)

Cheers!
I think every non-Tesla sedan and compact SUV is feeling the Tesla bite right now.

When the next gen Tesla comes online, every sub-compact and compact car on the market will feel the impact. The only way they will survive is by ducking under whatever price umbrella Tesla leaves below. And that space will be super crowded/ dog eat dog.

Given the heavy volume so far and lack of rally out of TSLA, I’d put 50/50 odds that Elon is selling today. Yes I know we’re technically in the quiet period but if that’s not the case and after selling off this hard TSLA can’t at least rally with the macros…then there’s a ton of downside left
If Elon was selling, he would make his presence known to trained eyes. Not today. Today is just more of the same old margin calls/tax loss harvesting/window dressing BS.

Dillon Loomis (aka Electified on YouTube) just posted this comment which corroborates some of the rapid growth story around Tesla Energy.

The money shot.

1671653601454.png

Tesla energy has been starved of resources and that is no longer happening.

All my friends are loading up on the stock (as am I). Huge sale. 2023 on, there will be no looking back. Yay!

Happy holidays all !
I actually think most of 2023 will continue to be a "buying opportunity". I don't see what will drive the share price upward. 2024, on the other hand, we will have the difficulties of the Cybertruck launch worked out, Robotaxi opportunity will start coming into focus for the rest of the world, and hopefully the economic cycle will have rotated back to an upswing. 2024 will be 2020's big brother.

Last edited:
Didn’t someone say upthread we were down cause all of tech was down? Are we back to being an auto company?

I can’t keep up. 🤷‍♂️ 😅
When Tech is down Tesla is a tech company, when autos are down it's an auto company, when solar/green energy is down it's an energy company.

Quite simple really. o_O

ENPH still has a PE of 165. If TSLA had that PE right now it would be about today $600. :mad:
The real kicker is that ENHP gets a PE that's 4X TSLA's despite Tesla growing net income faster than ENPH for the past year 🥴

Yes ENPH's net income grew higher % wise than TSLA for the previous quarter but that's mostly because the net income in quarter the same time last year for ENPH was way below the net income for the following quarter