Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, whatever happens today we can be pretty sure that tomorrow we will be down. I'm positive the media will spin the + as a problem with 4680 ramping, assuming they aren't in the cars which I doubt at this point. We will need a few weeks for people to realize how popular the Plaid will be.

FWIW I was contacted by Tesla to convert my Plaid + order to plaid. They said delivery "as soon as June".
I think you’re giving the media too much credit. I doubt most of them appreciate how transformative the new battery architecture will be. Doubt they’ll dig much deeper than range and speed and the new infotainment system.

Well, whatever happens today we can be pretty sure that tomorrow we will be down. I'm positive the media will spin the + as a problem with 4680 ramping, assuming they aren't in the cars which I doubt at this point. We will need a few weeks for people to realize how popular the Plaid will be.

FWIW I was contacted by Tesla to convert my Plaid + order to plaid. They said delivery "as soon as June".
Sweet. Last two months have been precisely inverse to logic, so I'm expecting a $750 close tomorrow!

Just curious - were you able to get any closer footage of the shrouded vehicles? I'd swear the smaller shroud looks like it's covering a not-fully-assembled vehicle.

I decided that the closer footage of the cars is open to my highest level Patreons only. I have to be able to provide exclusive footage for the guys who support me the most.

Agreed on most parts - but why, if this is all new engineered, do they keep the old sheet styling and outdated parts - the lights are dated, especially the rear and the chargeport door is too small as we have seen with punchholes for charge ports in the Chinese models
I have no idea why that may have happened. Apart from the styling I hope the actual cars do not have the old lights and chargeport issues. However I do not know since I have never actually seen the cars.

Elon knows that "outdated" styling is a concept invented to sell you a new car. He doesn't believe in the concept and neither do I.

Maybe in 5-10 years when he will consider it if it will further the mission at that time.
I‘m not talking design lines of the chassis - I‘m talking functional stuff - the charge Port door doesn‘t fit CCS or Chinese Plugs - well we will see how this will work out - I just hope we won‘t have holes in the Model S/X side panels for CCS in a few months in Europe

Reactions: StealthP3D
I decided that the closer footage of the cars is open to my highest level Patreons only. I have to be able to provide exclusive footage for the guys who support me the most.

No worries - just gave me an excuse to finally toss some coins your way to take a peek. Been meaning to for awhile now anyway. Thanks for all the content these past few months!

Kick butt footage man, thanks. I really hate to speculate, but that pink covered car looks small doesn't it? I wonder what an 80k Plaid 3 would do in the Tesla lineup.

I'm actually wondering if that's an X on the left and an S on the right.

1623339108559.png

Agreed. At first I thought it was a Y on the left, 3 on the right and a S chassis flipped on the side, but an X on left and S on right make more sense and a casted chassis on the side/rack makes most sense.

I'm definitely thinking X and S. Rooflines match up well.

EDIT: Updated with slightly better perspective.

1623339913059.png