Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Creaking on Very Slow Movements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I move very slowly, like 1 or 2 MPH, I hear the suspension creaking or something creaking. Also when I stand on the drivers door frame, it sometimes creaks also. What is it? How much would it cost for Tesla to fix, do you think? This is just going straight not during turns.

Last edited:
They do offer a pretty cheap service for this issue, but all I did to stop the noise was rotate the ball on the top of the suspension and the noise went away. I tried injecting grease into it first, but rotating it did the trick on my 2018 TM3.

Not my video

Reactions: Gasaraki
They do offer a pretty cheap service for this issue, but all I did to stop the noise was rotate the ball on the top of the suspension and the noise went away. I tried injecting grease into it first, but rotating it did the trick on my 2018 TM3.

Not my video
I can totally do that. Also when I take that bolt off, do you know if that is under load? I don't want to take it off and not be able to put it back on.

I can totally do that. Also when I take that bolt off, do you know if that is under load? I don't want to take it off and not be able to put it back on.

Yes, it's under load. You have to take the load off first by pushing the control arm down towards the knuckle before you can take the bolt out. It's not too difficult, easy to take out and place back. You can use a crowbar for help.

Fixing that ball joint is only a temporary solution though. Best solution is still to replace them with the newest revision upper control arms. Getting them replaced at Tesla is actually pretty cheap.