Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego - North County - Clean Energy Alliance (CEA)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in North County San Diego move to CEA for electric purchase vs SDG&E? The latter still charges and delivers energy, but the energy is purchased via CEA. It isn't clear now to determine the Total Electric Rate for this combination. SDG&E has their total rates if energy is purchased from them, but CEA only has their portion of the rate published, not the total rate including distribution and other charges. I'm unsure how to set up the Powerwall plan setting accurately without this info.

The Tesla app should give you an option to select CEA as your utility and then it brings in the SDG&E distribution and transmission portion.
Welp, I hit Start Over and cleared out my existing plan and Clean Energy Alliance is not in the list of energy providers. I had to select SDG&E again.

I'll have to call CEA tomorrow and determine how to determine total electric rates.

Welp, I hit Start Over and cleared out my existing plan and Clean Energy Alliance is not in the list of energy providers. I had to select SDG&E again.

I'll have to call CEA tomorrow and determine how to determine total electric rates.
If it isn't there then I would just use the SDG&E rate as the differences will be minor <2¢.

If you want to get exact then get the SDG&E tariff doc for your rate plan. Current and Effective Tariffs | San Diego Gas & Electric

And replace the SDG&E generation numbers with the CEA generation numbers for the same rate plan and the SDG&E current PCIA with your specific PCIA Vintage Year number.