Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven with free supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering new/used X and can’t decide which feature I want more, Lifetime free supercharging or raven suspension/motor. I read a few posts where ravens with free supercharging existed for a brief moment while emptying existing inventory before the Raven announcement. Was anyone here able to snag one? What is the likelihood of Tesla offering supercharging again anytime soon? I suspect never because battery tech will soon catch up to model 3/Y with battery day imminent. What are your thoughts?

There are tons of Ravens with free supercharging. But I don’t believe it’s transferable. Only vehicles build before some time in 2018 have free supercharging assigned to the vehicle for life. And that assumes it never has passed through a dealers hands.

Anyone’s guess if it returns. I would not let it make your decision. At most it has a value of like $5000.

At this point I’d wait for battery day.

We have a 2019 Raven Standard Range with free (non-transferable) Superchargering. I initially looked at pre-Raven but specifically opted to buy new inventory because of the smoother Raven air suspension.

I love the idea and perk of FUSC but discovered I use it probably only 7-8 times in the past year, and majority of that was the first month or two to test it out. I think I went six months without Supercharging (it would not

I also have FSD but would gladly trade that for more range. Basic AP is enough for me. This is our first EV and after a year of experience, I would rate the features in the following order:

1. Raven suspension
2. Range
3. FUSC
4. FSD

I almost put range as #1 but if that was true then I would have traded the S for a Y, but nope. I would only trade the S for an X because I still want/need that Raven air suspension. As for FSD/FUSC, that's a toss-up at the moment since FSD keeps improving. Keep in mind, I'm coming from decades of Lexus vehicles and accustomed to a smooth ride so the 3/Y don't cut it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: VikH
We have a 2019 Raven Standard Range with free (non-transferable) Superchargering. I initially looked at pre-Raven but specifically opted to buy new inventory because of the smoother Raven air suspension.

I love the idea and perk of FUSC but discovered I use it probably only 7-8 times in the past year, and majority of that was the first month or two to test it out. I think I went six months without Supercharging (it would not

I also have FSD but would gladly trade that for more range. Basic AP is enough for me. This is our first EV and after a year of experience, I would rate the features in the following order:

1. Raven suspension
2. Range
3. FUSC
4. FSD

I almost put range as #1 but if that was true then I would have traded the S for a Y, but nope. I would only trade the S for an X because I still want/need that Raven air suspension. As for FSD/FUSC, that's a toss-up at the moment since FSD keeps improving. Keep in mind, I'm coming from decades of Lexus vehicles and accustomed to a smooth ride so the 3/Y don't cut it for me.

I agree. But I would choose FSD over FUSC. But FSD today is so over priced. It’s probably worth $2k today in what it adds. Things may change soon. I really love the green light Chime.

I was using FUSC a lot before Covid because of lots of driving. With less driving my solar covers all needs.

If you want to drink the Elon Kool Aid, FSD should be #1 as your car on paper will go up in value and you might get your original value back due to software. If you want to smoke what Elon is smoking then in two years, you might make an easy $30k a year off robo-taxi.

Tesla compensated $5k off S&X when they took FUSC away which is the so called lifetime savings of FUSC. I for one baby my battery and always home charge it, keep the battery at 50% and top up the night before based on how far I’m going. After a year Of owning the car I’ve super charged maybe a dozen times with my free unlimited super charging.