Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quoted $1856. Many other people have reported getting a replacement for the center horn as a goodwill gesture. This is on a MXP that has had the steering rack replaced due to loss of power steering that nearly caused a crash. I would have sold the vehicle already except that its value has been eviscerated by Elon’s multiple price cuts.
Well you have a few options:

1) just pay the $2k
2) grab a yoke off eBay (I’m seeing $400ish w/o airbag and $700ish with) and install yourself with toolbox ($165 for a 1 day subscription)
3) wait until your yoke peels (it’s an inevitability)

Salt Lake service center is refusing to replace my yoke because it is not peeling. Nearly involved in a crash because I had the yoke turned and could not find the horn button. Has anyone else encountered this situation where the service center refused to replace the yoke just because you want a center horn? My wife now refuses to drive to the car until it has a center horn.
yup very upsetting. you’ll have to step it up and play a little dirty when they do. there are many ways to speed up the defect that you’ll eventually get anyway.

Reactions: Maaz
Salt Lake service center is refusing to replace my yoke because it is not peeling. Nearly involved in a crash because I had the yoke turned and could not find the horn button. Has anyone else encountered this situation where the service center refused to replace the yoke just because you want a center horn? My wife now refuses to drive to the car until it has a center horn.
The waranty replacement is for defective materials. Here's the Service Bulletin