Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY RWD Sound System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm swaying more towards at MY after test driving a M3H yesterday, purely based on the leasing costs being a lot cheaper vs the amount of metal your money gets you,

Is the sound system the same for all MYs or is it like the 3 with different set ups for per spec?

I'm swaying more towards at MY after test driving a M3H yesterday, purely based on the leasing costs being a lot cheaper vs the amount of metal your money gets you,

Is the sound system the same for all MYs or is it like the 3 with different set ups for per spec?

I was just trying to figure out the same, like you I did a test on a M3H but went for the Y purely due to the cheaper leasing cost.
It does appear that the UK MY RWD gets the premium audio system.

I would check very carefully - I took a test drive in a MY only to find out that it had a premium sound system but the car I would be getting may not. I live in Canada so we get both the Freemont and China MY. In the end I switched to a MY LR which for me avoided several issues. Ask before placing an order - then check the VIN to confirm what they are shipping you. If unhappy you can request a VIN change.

Reactions: Duple
What is the aspect that was downgraded?
No sub and less speakers.

This is the spec on the Tesla UK website for the MY RWD:
1706529773460.png

and on the US website:
1706529802534.png

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner
The SR+ always had fewer activated speakers and no sub so I don't think it has been downgraded from what went before ...
There hasn’t been a MY SR+ and until this month all grades had the same audio equipment. Now the MIA ones have two audio specs, similar to how it has been historically with the M3.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado