Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Update: I got my confirmation email at 12:24 PM on 4/23/24 Eastern time for a Red/Black. My order number is RN121536XXX and my delivery estimate was May-Jun and then it switched to May 28 - June 30 early on and hasn’t changed since.

I went into the Raleigh Tesla location today and they were able to lookup my order and he said it was showing a July 2nd build date with a mid July delivery time frame.

He said they have an overwhelming number of orders coming in and they have visibility to at least the ones that have been assigned VINs already.

Unfortunately, I will have moved before mine gets delivered so I don’t even know what I will do about that. There are plenty of testing days at the track in June but it looks like I won’t get my car before I move so I won’t be able to test them at the track here.

Not the news I wanted to get. Hopefully someone else that tracks their car will get one before me. Mine appears to be massively delayed even though I have a relatively low order number.
Hi. When they said "overwhelming number of orders" , did the meant M3P or M3/Tesla in general?

Reactions: gizmo84
I am guessing the new cars are supposed to come with the latest software which would be 2024.14.6. However reports have been made by owners that this software is bricking their cars. I think that is the update which is causing delay. Looks like tesla is rolling out a 2024.14.7 to fix this issue.
Actually no, Tesla does not ship cars with the latest software. They usually on an older 'stable' build and they don't usually get updated to the latest stack till a few weeks after delivery.

Is it worth driving to my local Tesla dealership to see if they can provide me any information in regards to my order? Or is it a complete waste of time and they won't be able to provide me with anything? Its 40 minutes aware, so I don't really want to drive there just to be told to touch grass.

Would also like to know if they have a M3P to view. However, their phone number goes straight to the 1800 hotline and when I try and talk to an agent, I just get hung up on with an automated message saying that no one is available right now. Shrug.

Reactions: Sandee3
Is it worth driving to my local Tesla dealership to see if they can provide me any information in regards to my order? Or is it a complete waste of time and they won't be able to provide me with anything? Its 40 minutes aware, so I don't really want to drive there just to be told to touch grass.

Would also like to know if they have a M3P to view. However, their phone number goes straight to the 1800 hotline and when I try and talk to an agent, I just get hung up on with an automated message saying that no one is available right now. Shrug.
I can’t imagine they can tell you any more than the SA on the app

Reactions: Jree

I’m stopping by mine later this morning. Gotta discuss my aforementioned situation and fortunately my office is 5 minutes away. Hopefully have some good feedback to share.
Sadly any time I have messaged my SA on the app he/she has been very short with like one line answers like “the EDD are fluid”. Wow thanks.. lots of help lol.
Same. That’s why I’m heading to the showroom. Some people need to realize that if they just answer the question fully the first time, they will not have a follow up message and actually save themselves time. 🤔

Order Update: I got my confirmation email at 12:24 PM on 4/23/24 Eastern time for a Red/Black. My order number is RN121536XXX and my delivery estimate was May-Jun and then it switched to May 28 - June 30 early on and hasn’t changed since.
So odd, my email confirmation is around an hour after yours and I have RN121534XXX. Exact same config, also on East Coast (Central Florida). EDD most recently updated a couple days ago to May 30 - June 27. Really don't understand the order number system.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Are you a 121536 or lower? He was reading directly from his screen and he said it was showing a predicted build date of 7/2/24. It may be wrong but his screen was definitely telling him that information.
I'll head over this week and ask about mine. Ordered on 4/23 Red/Black with RN 121534 . I'll specifically ask if there "screen" shows a projected build date.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd