Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, how many miles does it usually have when you pick it up new? Around 8 miles?

Tesla normally puts something like 15 miles on the Paperwork ( and people freak out about it, and post threads about "why does my new car have 15 miles on it already?!?!?!?!") but the actual amount of miles depends on whether they need to move it around for deliveries etc. Normally somewhere between 6-12 or so I think.

Just saw that someone with an order date 4/30 has a vin. My order date was May 1st. Hopefullly soooon ugh. For a minute got a little tempted on the model Y 0.99% financing promo. But talked myself out of it. This model 3 performance was exactly the right fit for me. Miss having a small vehicle.

By the way, how many miles does it usually have when you pick it up new? Around 8 miles?
The M3RWD I bought new last summer had 10 on it. Pretty sure of all the new cars I've bought of any make, I think 15 is the highest I've seen. Not sure about other people, but I'd be fine up to about 25... then I'd start to wonder... just how many pizza-runs DID they make with my car?

Who's tinting the glass top? I heard it causes the glass to crack but not sure if that's true or not.
I tinted my current M3s roof and plan on doing this one too. I think cracking shouldn’t be an issue with a good quality film. Bad films (just colored, not containing metal, ceramic, whatever the current technology is these days), could cause excess heat absorption and cracking. But if you get a good tint (Xpel, Llumar, 3M, etc), they should be warrantied to protect against glass cracking due to tint.
Personal tint preference: the highest quality film (for best heat rejection) at the lightest possible color (for best visibility). The shop I went to last time switched from Llumar to Xpel.

Reactions: DW3434 and Danny6ix
I tinted my current M3s roof and plan on doing this one too. I think cracking shouldn’t be an issue with a good quality film. Bad films (just colored, not containing metal, ceramic, whatever the current technology is these days), could cause excess heat absorption and cracking. But if you get a good tint (Xpel, Llumar, 3M, etc), they should be warrantied to protect against glass cracking due to tint.
what % did you get on the roof?