Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I don’t “work” for money as I’m lucky enough that my money works for me so I guess I have time to do things like this. Cleaning a car and prepping for ceramic coating is easier than the pros will let you know! I have friends that do it for a living and I know their techniques…you would be floored by how easy and simple it can be if you really know what you are doing. Recently Yvan LaCroix started sharing his secrets on YouTube on detailing vehicles…he’s a Jesus of sorts in the detailing world as he’s worked with all the big companies in the field and is responsible for much of the modern techniques and products used today. Having said that I don’t typically polish a new vehicle when coating as it has absolutely nothing to do with how long the coating lasts. Polishing only makes the paint look better and if I’m already happy with the way the paint looks then it’s a waist of time. I have polished a new black vehicle I bought before but there’s a reason I don’t usually buy black. Then again if it were a show car then I would polish it prior to ceramic coating. My point is you don’t need to polish the paint on a daily driver if you are happy with the way it looks because you won’t make the coating last longer by doing so. Simple as that!
You should stop replying on this topic. No disrespect, but it isn't a good look. And it is disrespectful to the detailers that you call your friends. Do it if you want to. There is no need to rationalize it. Next time just say you like working on your car or something.

Not on vision only model 3s that I am aware of. I don't think it will work on the highland, either
I was on a week long business trip early last year and company rented me a Hertz Tesla, it was a RWD model 3, I remember during that trip the car had a big update that enabled vision park assist, it was kinda buggy at that time but I tried it. Don't know about smart summon

This chart below shows 200,000+ Model 3's sold in US in 2023 - and similar number in 200,000 so either they are very wrong or ChatGPT is very wrong

Normally I would agree only a small percentage are performance but with the bizarre factor of only the P model qualifying for the federal rebate right now and therefore it actually costing less than the LR AWD model I don't think there is any way to guess.

Is the distance measuring using cameras pretty accurate now? It was all over the place last time I tried it.😅
It backs into a parking spot decently. It is slow to commit to it, though. But no near misses or anything. I don't use it often because I like to put my car flush to one side of the spot to avoid the other side but summon puts it in the center.