Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just received a call from Tesla and initially, the conversation started with the sales advisor informing me that all things were good to go for my delivery tomorrow. Halfway into the conversation, I can hear the sales advisor typing on the computer and then he alerts me of the dreaded news that my delivery will unfortunately have to be delayed 😭. Same reasons as what others have mentioned already which is an "EPA delay" due to government signoff? Anyways, the sales advisor mentioned that I can't take delivery until the 24th at the earliest! That was the date that was listed from his end where they anticipate all things to be properly signed off. So I can't help but think that deliveries won't happen until late next week but I do see some folks getting their deliveries delayed to as early as this weekend. Luckily they mentioned the car is kept indoors at this Tesla location. So it'll be another week before I can give you all my first-hand impression 😄

TLDR: Cant take delivery tomorrow due to some EPA signoff restriction which is forcing a 1 week delivery delay

I wouldn’t pay for something so easy to do! There’s a ton of videos on YouTube showing tips and just how easy it is to do.

Conversely, I really dislike "car cleaning / buffing etc", Everything looks easy in a youtube video. The prep for ceramic coating is like 80%-90% of the work on it, making it last, and making it look good.

Combine all that, and for me, getting other people to do this type of stuff is one of the reasons why I work. Money is for "stuff you need", then if you have any left over "stuff you want", then after that "stuff that you just want someone else to do for you even if you can do it yourself".

This falls in that third bucket for me. I changed the oil myself in my ICE cars when I was working as a box boy in a grocery store as a late teen / very early 20s, and I said to myself "one day I will make enough money for someone else to do this, I never want to do it again if I dont have to." (lol)

I paid someone to do ceramic coating on my model 3, and its still holding up and looks decent.

Last edited:
Not in Miami., They're offering me $6,000 for my 2013 335i with 135,000 miles. And a couple months ago I sold my dad's base model 2012 Corolla to them for $7,500, and that car had damage to the rear bumper, and the paint was completely gone on the trunk roof and hood.
I agree with you. The offers down here seem to be objectively better than some other areas -- so much so that a non-FL SA was shocked when I told them that the other places (e.g., Carvana, CarMax, etc.) were offering much less.

Conversely, I really dislike "car cleaning / buffing etc", Everything looks easy in a youtube video. The prep for ceramic coating is like 80%-90% of the work on it, making it last, and making it look good.

Combine all that, and for me, getting other people to do this type of stuff is one of the reasons why I work. Money is for "stuff you need", then if you have any left over "stuff you want", then after that "stuff that you just want someone else to do for you even if you can do it yourself".

This falls in that third bucket for me. I changed the oil myself in my ICE cars when I was working as a box boy in a grocery store as a late teen / very early 20s, and I said to myself "one day I will make enough money for someone else to do this, I never want to do it again if I dont have to." (lol)

I paid someone to do ceramic coating on my model 3, and its still holding up and looks decent.
Well I don’t “work” for money as I’m lucky enough that my money works for me so I guess I have time to do things like this. Cleaning a car and prepping for ceramic coating is easier than the pros will let you know! I have friends that do it for a living and I know their techniques…you would be floored by how easy and simple it can be if you really know what you are doing. Recently Yvan LaCroix started sharing his secrets on YouTube on detailing vehicles…he’s a Jesus of sorts in the detailing world as he’s worked with all the big companies in the field and is responsible for much of the modern techniques and products used today. Having said that I don’t typically polish a new vehicle when coating as it has absolutely nothing to do with how long the coating lasts. Polishing only makes the paint look better and if I’m already happy with the way the paint looks then it’s a waist of time. I have polished a new black vehicle I bought before but there’s a reason I don’t usually buy black. Then again if it were a show car then I would polish it prior to ceramic coating. My point is you don’t need to polish the paint on a daily driver if you are happy with the way it looks because you won’t make the coating last longer by doing so. Simple as that!

Reactions: sgtauto