Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing PPF on the full front end along with the rockers.

For the folks doing or have done PPF, how soon do you guys get it done after delivery? I've seen people take their car directly from delivery to the shop for PPF. I can understand the logic of wanting to get it done sooner than later (minimize wear/tear, avoid rock chips, etc...) but I definitely need some time with the car first :)
I'm driving the car to my guy right after pickup. I'll be without it for a week.

Funny how July EDD folks are now trying to switch from black interiors to white interiors to try and get their date moved up, but it's not working.

I considered it this morning too, but I figured it wouldn't move the EDD up and I didn't want my kids messing up white seats.
So stupid to change something that you're stuck with for years just to maybe get your car weeks earlier.

If you are going to tint your windows, it softens that white / white bright look and looks really good. The issue with me on white Teslas is simply that it was the free color for a while, so there are way way waaaaayyyy too many of them in "high density Tesla" areas like CA is.

As for white interior upkeep, I dont have it, but many people do and love it. We also have long, long threads (at least a couple) on "removing stains from white seats". I think the white interior looks better but I dont like doing any real upkeep on the interior (empty nester, usually drive my model 3 performance alone since when I go somewhere with my wife we take her model Y P).

I also wear jeans almost every day, but simple ones (Levis), not high end super dyed jeans. Anyway, there is a thread on removing stains from white seats in the model 3 subforum, interested peeps could search for it as I am just letting interested people know, not trying to rain on white seat parade).

I dont like red cars usually at all, and many of the pics of ultra red makes me think thats what I would have ordered. Its also likely to be rare at least for a while on model 3Ps so there is that too, for those who enjoy that (well, as rare as a Tesla model 3 can be, which is "not very", lol).
I'm most worried about blue jeans on white seats. That's why I'll almost never get white seats.

Looks like there are some EDDs with black interior in the third week of May. Hopefully by this time next week, some folks will see their VINs show up and even some of the July EDDs get pulled in.

All the demo M3P cars I saw in showrooms were red/black, so I'm surprised they didn't ship any black interior this week. But maybe things will change by Friday.

Do you have a black interior? We seem to all be left behind at the moment. I'm sitting at the earliest of the black interior orders on the chart and trying desperately not to drain my entire phone battery checking constantly now...

Still super happy for the lucky white interiors though. I've got two young kids though, so that wasn't even a realistic option for me.

No. Gray with white interior. Who knows, maybe I'll get a VIN later today. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: bdudney665
INSURANCE QUESTION - super interested to hear from those in SFL. Who are you all using for insurance? Some of the quotes I am getting are NUTS!
For the others reading this thread, I was quoted $580/6 mo through State Farm here in Indiana using a showroom VIN. Multi car discount, home insurance, and a couple others. Middle aged, accident free.