Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the location advantage! Same order time, first Tesla as well, I'm at July- Aug😭😭😭

The people getting VINs aren't just in CA. This is who we know has a VIN so far and their location. Though, I wonder, is Austin pushing them out, or do we know it to be only Femont?

1715797951426.png

You guys doing mudflaps and/or PPF in front of rear wheels on your new M3P’s? I ask because I currently have a MYP and it’s an absolute necessity on that model.
Yep, just like with my current M3P, the new one will get the full treatment (full PPF on the entire vehicle, tint on all windows & glass roof). Then, I’ll apply my own ceramic or graphene coating, and of course, the smaller profile splash guards by RokBlokz.

Reactions: JezzaE
The people getting VINs aren't just in CA. This is who we know has a VIN so far and their location. Though, I wonder, is Austin pushing them out, or do we know it to be only Femont?

View attachment 1047450
Austin is only Y and Cyber truck production. There where a few 3 there a few months back but most suspect they were stagging for delivery. Not produced there. All drone flight have not shown any 3 coming out of the end of line.

• Informative
Yep, just like with my current M3P, the new one will get the full treatment (full PPF on the entire vehicle, tint on all windows & glass roof). Then, I’ll apply my own ceramic or graphene coating, and of course, the smaller profile splash guards by RokBlokz.
Do you suppose the same mudflaps/splash guards are compatible over the years? Also can you share your ceramic/graphene products, i'm thinking i'll probably do my own this time around

edit: somehow i missed that the shop says 2017-2023 on the current offerings so 2024+ must be different

Congrats! So excited for everyone getting VINs now.

As far as the lease goes, let’s just say I can’t get the tax credit without the lease. I ran the numbers and the depreciation would be too extreme for it to make sense to buy the car.

However, I want to be clear that the lease numbers are absolutely abysmal. My Money Factor is absolutely absurd but the extra $7,500 off I wouldn’t get otherwise just barely makes up for that interest rate.

My new car should cost me the exact same per month as my current 2022 Model 3 Performance but that will be FAR higher than people who qualify for the tax credit with a purchase.
Same exact boat and leased for these same reasons.
I have a 2021 MYP I leased and initially regretted doing so as the values of these cars were going up and up. They have however come full circle and and valued significantly less than in 2021 during the car boom. It’s great to be able to hand this car back and not worry about negative equity and get into a new one for less.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Congrats! So excited for everyone getting VINs now.

As far as the lease goes, let’s just say I can’t get the tax credit without the lease. I ran the numbers and the depreciation would be too extreme for it to make sense to buy the car.

However, I want to be clear that the lease numbers are absolutely abysmal. My Money Factor is absolutely absurd but the extra $7,500 off I wouldn’t get otherwise just barely makes up for that interest rate.

My new car should cost me the exact same per month as my current 2022 Model 3 Performance but that will be FAR higher than people who qualify for the tax credit with a purchase.

I am in the exact same position - the MF and residual are awful, but I don't qualify for the federal credit, so leasing makes sense for me vs outright financing, especially taking depreciation into account. My monthly payments will be ~$250 a month less vs. my old car, and will likely save another $100 a month in gas costs, so it feels like a "good deal", despite the crappy lease terms.

The M3P will be my first Tesla, so I'm also looking to just see how it goes before jumping into a purchase with both feet.

4/27/24 order date. Located in SF Bay Area.

First Tesla. Big change coming from BMWs. Selling a very clean 2010 e92 m3 Comp if anyone is looking. 😎

View attachment 1047416
not my first tesla but going from a 2019 BMW M2 Competition. It's gonna be sad to let go of probably my last ICE vehicle but I have solar just makes sense and my BMW is insanely expensive to maintain.

You guys doing mudflaps and/or PPF in front of rear wheels on your new M3P’s? I ask because I currently have a MYP and it’s an absolute necessity on that model.
I'm doing PPF on the full front end along with the rockers.

For the folks doing or have done PPF, how soon do you guys get it done after delivery? I've seen people take their car directly from delivery to the shop for PPF. I can understand the logic of wanting to get it done sooner than later (minimize wear/tear, avoid rock chips, etc...) but I definitely need some time with the car first :)

Reactions: Sandee3