Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I can think of another reason. I am 6'3" , I was always a big boy, but during the pandemic, work from home got me to a body weight record-292lbs. My doctor told me to lose weight or I could have serious health trouble. Since then I got myself down to 180lbs. I had trouble with bucket seats being too tight on torso before. Now it's definitely not a problem for me,but that could be a reason someone choose LR instead of performance. (Assuming they really like the car and don't/can't go one size bigger)
That's a good point that I hadn't thought of and HUGE CONGRATS on the weight loss. That is an incredible accomplishment.

Reactions: DW3434
While it's good to know I have the option of getting more range with smaller wheels since I'm leasing I probably will run the stock summers and just purchase a winter set since I'm in Cleveland. I don't take too many long trips with my car so I don't think it will be worth the expense.

Speaking of longer trips we are trying to figure out what to do for our next family car, lease up in Dec. 3 kids (14, 10, 10, all skinny) and have always had a 3 row SUV but my wife is tired of a huge car and we want an EV or at least a PHEV to do commuting on battery. The pricing on the Y right now is so tempting. For bigger trips would have to get a roof cargo box or something. Sorry for the off topic stuff.
I am leasing as well so I really don't want to replace the ultra expensive tires or the wheels for that matter. For most of the time my stock wheels and tires will hang in my garage. Whenever, I have a track day coming up I will switch back to them and perhaps I will run them during the peak summer times. Otherwise I will run my all season efficiency setup.

Reactions: cardsdoc
Mischa articulates the spirit of the Hyundai well - it's intended as an amusing niche product for a specific target group. And seems to hit the mark, too! Maybe it doesn't make a lot of sense in absolute terms for the average driver, but having driven some Ring laps I appreciate how demanding this track is for an EV.

This level of performance and track durability from an EV is quite impressive. It's pretty quick, doesn't kill it's brakes and tires, and maintains good power through two-ish laps. Hyundai is being clever with the endurance mode; sacrificing some overall perfroamnce in order to maintain cooling and power over time. Neat.

I don't necessarily care for the looks, the weight nor the fake sounds - but Hyundai is has really created something special and I hope this car inspires Tesla to develop a fast road / track day optimised package or version of the new 3P (yeah, I know tahth isn't happening but...)
Fake engine and exhaust noise I don’t really care about, but good to have as an option, but if they put spaceship sound…It will be so much fun. My kids will love it and also their dad….Haha

Reactions: Sandee3 and jv92red
The one thing that annoyed me about my M240i was the fake engine noise they piped into the sound system. BMW called it "Active Sound Design" It wasn't electronically defeatable via any setting in the iDrive and physically taking out the module responsible for creating the sounds then removed the car's audible warning system which was not good. You could code it out but that required Bimmercode software and the worry is BMW would track you did something in the coding which could void your warranty. Eventually someone came up with a $65 bypass harness that went in between the module and the audio amp if you didn't want to go the coding route and can be removed for dealer visits. What a PITA!
I'm all about offering engine noises and sounds as long as they're easily defeatable.

The one thing that annoyed me about my M240i was the fake engine noise they piped into the sound system. BMW called it "Active Sound Design" It wasn't electronically defeatable via any setting in the iDrive and physically taking out the module responsible for creating the sounds then removed the car's audible warning system which was not good. You could code it out but that required Bimmercode software and the worry is BMW would track you did something in the coding which could void your warranty. Eventually someone came up with a $65 bypass harness that went in between the module and the audio amp if you didn't want to go the coding route and can be removed for dealer visits. What a PITA!
I'm all about offering engine noises and sounds as long as they're easily defeatable.
I know this is totally subjective but I have never understood the interest in engine and exhaust noise. To me the quieter the better. I guess the auditory feedback when driving manual was useful for deciding shift points but that's about it. I love the silent but fast aspect of EVs. Maybe since having kids the less noise the better, IDK.

I know this is totally subjective but I have never understood the interest in engine and exhaust noise. To me the quieter the better. I guess the auditory feedback when driving manual was useful for deciding shift points but that's about it. I love the silent but fast aspect of EVs. Maybe since having kids the less noise the better, IDK.
I can fly around like a godamn moron, and no one has any idea. I absoultly love it. If you hear any exhaust and the whine of a blower, it's all eyes on you at 5 MPH.

Well, it looks like white is going out first for sure, not one black VIN so far. Also, switched orders appear to be taking priorioty. @drucke00 and I are both in Denver and he got a VIN, he's a swtich and I'm not. (Don't be weird.)

I don't think the data set is large enough to say switched orders are taking priority. The "n" is so small right now. Looks like color and location reign supreme at the moment.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I can fly around like a godamn moron, and no one has any idea. I absoultly love it. If you hear any exhaust and the whine of a blower, it's all eyes on you at 5 MPH.
Yep. Can't wait for the first time in my life i can go 0 to 45 in around 1 second and the cop across the street doesn't even take a second look at me. Cause he's looking for the guy who coded in a burble tune so when that car's decelerating just off throttle it pops and draws all the attention from the police.

Well, it looks like white is going out first for sure, not one black VIN so far. Also, switched orders appear to be taking priorioty. @drucke00 and I are both in Denver and he got a VIN, he's a swtich and I'm not. (Don't be weird.)

I don't necessarily think that. I could be that white interior is popular. Seem most going to Service Centers for display are black interior's

I had an LR order that I didnt switch. I just ordered a performance separately. Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the arse. I took the order fee loss just because I had a LR, Black/White with Novas with OD of 1/9 and I still hadn't gotten a VIN on when I ordered the M3P and I wanted to see when I would get one haha

I don't necessarily think that. I could be that white interior is popular. Seem most going to Service Centers for display are black interior's
Every single VIN we're tracking is white. So, that's all we know.
I will also add that I have two orders for the performance (accident lol) and one was a switch one wasn’t. They had the exact same EDD until this morning - where my switched order received a VIN and my new order did not. Just an additional data point

Well, that's a done deal. Switched orders placed long ago are going first. 😊😊

Last edited: