Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maintenance reminders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no required maintenance. You should rotate tires, change the cabin filter every 2-3 years, and change the big HEPA filter every 3-4 years as needed. Check brakes ever so often. A warning should pop up if there is anything amiss.

Upvote 0
Mercedes uses their maintenance reminders mostly to drive ownes into their highly profitable service centers.
I remember the huge red warning alert that my Mercedes was due for Service A or Service B. Did not explain that that entailed. Needed to take it in to shop to have sales writer upsell you on expensive service. They would not tell you over the phone what you needed, but you had to come in to speak to a "service advisor" Nobody but Mercedes authorized service centers could clear those obnoxious red warnings.

Upvote 0
My 2023 MS LR has under Controls > Service an item for tire maintenance. I expect this likely is also there for any of the "Paladdium" platform Model S variants, but unclear if that feature has been ported back to older variants. My belief is this is simply a separate "trip odometer" which you can manually reset at any time to help you keep track of when the last time was you rotated tires, etc. I'm at 9k miles and never reset it yet and have not had any indication that it will pop up and give me an alert at any point. Given Tesla recommends tire rotation every 6,250 miles, I would have expected if it is set to trigger an alert that I would have seen it by now.But other owners that maybe have had this variant and feature longer may be able to provide better input on that point.

Upvote 0