Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on whether the "Spring Update" will actually happen in the Spring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Tesla posted pictures and descriptions of the "Spring Update". We are 1/2 way through Spring. Guesses on when / if it will happen before Summer? 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.45.05 AM.png

I haven't received it yet but it's rolling out there. Teslafi has over 100 people with it installed and many more with the install pending. I have an intel-based model y so I'm not sure there will be much new for me. I'm also not sure if they're going to roll it out to the Ryzen cars first.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I haven't received it yet but it's rolling out there. Teslafi has over 100 people with it installed and many more with the install pending. I have an intel-based model y so I'm not sure there will be much new for me. I'm also not sure if they're going to roll it out to the Ryzen cars first.
Note that of all the people with it on TeslaFi only a handful are in the US. Almost all of those are CyberTrucks. There are only 3 non-cybertrucks that have it so far in the US and two of those three are in Puerto Rico.
Not sure what is up with the US release. It seems 14.3 must not have V12 FSD in it (although I've yet to see that confirmed or denied) and therefore all the 3.X free trial people won't be getting it. Not sure why all the 8.9 people who missed the free trial aren't getting it but maybe because Tesla is waiting for a different version 8.10+ or 14.4+ that has V12 FSD to give those people a trial and allow a V12 upgrade path for the 3.X trial people.

Odd rollout for a promoted Spring Update for sure....

It's on 4% of the teslafi fleet as I write this. It looks like there's a newer version now though so maybe that explains the slow roll-out -- they found bugs. Looks like they're starting to push 2024.14.5 now.
Not really. Only 4 installs on TeslaFi and all Cybertrucks as per the course. There were way more 14.3 installs the past 2 days (after a few days of almost no installs) but again almost all non-NA and Cybertrucks. There have been a few M3/MYs in the US to get 14.3 but all but one of them came from 2.7 (so never installed the trial and didn't get pushed 8.4 before the trial started). I think there is one MY that went 8.9 to 14.3 but that seems like an outlier (employee?).

Tesla must have some different plan for the NA fleet. I think they must be working on a 14.X version that has V12 in it (although still not confirmed what FSD is in 14.3 and 14.5) so they can move the 3.25 people to the Spring update with V12 still and move the 8.9 people to the Spring update and give them their free trial (maybe...).

We shall see how it unfolds but it is strange.

Not really. Only 4 installs on TeslaFi and all Cybertrucks as per the course. There were way more 14.3 installs the past 2 days (after a few days of almost no installs) but again almost all non-NA and Cybertrucks. There have been a few M3/MYs in the US to get 14.3 but all but one of them came from 2.7 (so never installed the trial and didn't get pushed 8.4 before the trial started). I think there is one MY that went 8.9 to 14.3 but that seems like an outlier (employee?).

Tesla must have some different plan for the NA fleet. I think they must be working on a 14.X version that has V12 in it (although still not confirmed what FSD is in 14.3 and 14.5) so they can move the 3.25 people to the Spring update with V12 still and move the 8.9 people to the Spring update and give them their free trial (maybe...).

We shall see how it unfolds but it is strange.
Since all Cybertrucks have NO AutoPilot of FSD and the other installs of the "Spring Update" appear to be outside the US where there is no FSD, the update has no FSD capability built in.

Since all Cybertrucks have NO AutoPilot of FSD and the other installs of the "Spring Update" appear to be outside the US where there is no FSD, the update has no FSD capability built in.
Pretty sure every update has FSD in it now a days. Tesla changed that a while ago. Gone are the days of updates without FSD now that they don't have qualifying safety scores etc to get into FSDS. But most likely it is 11.4.9 since they haven't given it to N. America yet.

Pretty sure every update has FSD in it now a days. Tesla changed that a while ago. Gone are the days of updates without FSD now that they don't have qualifying safety scores etc to get into FSDS. But most likely it is 11.4.9 since they haven't given it to N. America yet
Not to mention that the Software update sites show no FSD version at all on any of the Spring update versions!!
IMG_0253.png

Not to mention that the Software update sites show no FSD version at all on any of the Spring update versions!!
View attachment 1045439
Yeah that is par for the course over the past year I've been following the TeslaFi data. Usually takes them until the next version to even update what version of FSD the update contains. This would be almost impossible so far as 14.3/14.5 has only gone to cars that don't have FSD like non-N.A. and CT. So none of those cars would show the FSD version so no way to know. We would need to see a report from one of the outlier MY or M3s that do have the 14.3 update and have FSD to even know I think.

I guess we will just keep waiting till the N. American fleet starts to get a new update and see what that is.