Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Los Angeles, 6/29 - 7/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video of my test drive yesterday.
That was great! Thanks for sharing that. Lots of stuff in there that I haven't seen before.

When the navigation was in the mini-map to the left of your speedo, was it also north-up, or was it track-up? I definitely prefer track-up maps for navigation. Makes it much less effort to see, "Oh, okay, left turn coming up".

Also enjoyed seeing the minivan stop to chat with the Sunset Red car in front. And speaking of, I quite liked the look of the Sunset Red on the road. I thought it was too over the top when I saw it coming and going from the viewing area at Fremont, but on the road it doesn't seem so overpowering. Hmm... :)

I'll answer my own question. I watched the video again, and it does appear that the map next to the speedo is track-up. That's perfect.

Very interesting in your video as well to watch the brake lights on the Sunset Red car. Seems like they might come on just a smidgen more often than they would with a normal car where somebody might just let off the pedal and coast. I wonder if that's some caution on the settings of the accelerometer, or if it's just a new driver who is maybe slowing down and speeding up a bit more than they will when they're used to the regen and find the happy medium.

Anyway, thanks again for posting. That was really great to watch. Love the sound the Performance cars make when you floor them. :)

It was the sound studio upgrade, and it sounded great, although a little light on bass response. Easily remediable though. YouTube blocked the replay on portable devices due to the fact that the song played in my video has some copyright issues and apparently the distributors layer claim and blocked my video from replay in Germany!!!

Sent from my iPad

My video finally got processed.

[video=facebook;459726810718860]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=459726810718860[/video]

Great video! Especially enjoyed the slalom parts. Thanks AO for getting shots of the bar. There have been some negative comments on it, but I don't necessarily agree. I think if you get the CF trim, it can be covered and look very nicely integrated.

Great video! Especially enjoyed the slalom parts. Thanks AO for getting shots of the bar. There have been some negative comments on it, but I don't necessarily agree. I think if you get the CF trim, it can be covered and look very nicely integrated.

You know, after shooting and saying that, I realized most of the newer complaints were about the bar with the sunshade (which our car naturally didn't have), but still, I think it looks just fine.

Did you guys bottom out at the entrance to the lot there? I noticed one of the other LA drivers' copilots engage the air suspension to lift the car.

We didn't in the grey performance. I don't suppose anyone got word of when Tesla might upload their videos of the LA drives? I'm curious to check them out! We asked for our video afterwards but they said they were having an issue with the card :(