Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Cybertruck Accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He bought a foundation series.

Not sure that $ would be an issue.
It's an internal test vehicle, not a public purchase.
Note to self: Be sure to get GAP coverage...

Apparently the other driver was a 17 year old. I wonder how the insurance process will go! It was reported the Cybertruck is a company car with Texas dealer plates driven by a Tesla employee at the time.

How do you know it was a test vehicle?

There is a glimpse of the plate in the bottom of the link, not sure what it is.

1703858685574.png

OMG did you see the other car?

It doesn't even look like they were in the same accident.

Last edited:
How do you know it was a test vehicle?
No Foundation logos and what appears to be black interior. From the above linked article:
The Cybertruck was reportedly registered with Texas plates to a Palo Alto address, while the 2009 Toyota four-door was registered locally. Subsequently, a report from CHP has become available to The Autopian highlighting more details of the incident. Notably, it states the driver of the Cybertruck shares the name of a Tesla engineer based in San Francisco, and was the injured party in the matter. Along with the Texas plates and Palo Alto registration of the Cybertruck, it suggests, but does not confirm, that it may have been a Tesla company vehicle. The two passengers of the Cybertruck were unharmed, as was the driver of the 2009 Toyota Corolla involved in the crash.

I'm not financing mine. No GAP needed.
Cool, I expect investment returns to be higher than the loan rate (esp concidering taxes).
You'll still insure yours for full replacement cost though?

Yet the Cybertruck driver was the only injured party according to reports. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is what I read.

"The two passengers of the Cybertruck were unharmed, as was the driver of the 2009 Toyota Corolla involved in the crash."

Reactions: Yelobird
This is what I read.

"The two passengers of the Cybertruck were unharmed, as was the driver of the 2009 Toyota Corolla involved in the crash."

From that link:
In an initial call with CHP, The Autopian was told that only one person suffered minor injuries in the collision.
and
The driver of the Tesla had a “Complaint of Pain” according to the report, but it was classed as “a suspected minor injury” and they declined medical transport.

• Informative
Reactions: E90alex and MP3Mike
From that link:
In an initial call with CHP, The Autopian was told that only one person suffered minor injuries in the collision.
and
The driver of the Tesla had a “Complaint of Pain” according to the report, but it was classed as “a suspected minor injury” and they declined medical transport.

whelp, I suppose Tesla and Elon should cancel the cybertruck program if a corolla can hit it on the side and cause that kind of catastrophic devastation and injury to its passengers. lol

The article speaks on head-on-collision, however there is damage to the side of the CT. Also, I would have thought that the CT's passenger's side airbags would have deployed also if it was a head-on-collision.

Don't tell me that there are articles/police reports out there that are already untrue.?.?

Anyone have a pic of the front of the CT?

The article speaks on head-on-collision, however there is damage to the side of the CT. Also, I would have thought that the passenger's side airbags would have deployed also if it was a head-on-collision.

Don't tell me that there are articles out there that are already untrue.?.?

Anyone have a pic of the front of the CT?
Toyota went off the side of the road first then swerved back. It could have head on-ed into the corner and side of the Cybertruck...

Toyota went off the side of the road first then swerved back. It could have head on-ed into the corner and side of the Cybertruck...

Indeed - we could speculate all day.

Still no airbag deployment on the passenger's side.

This is like a CSI mystery. I love it.

Duh-Duh. <----- insert CSI theme sound.

Why is the passenger's side rear tire of the CT caked with mud while the front tire is clear and clean?

You mean - there were injuries on the driver's side where all of those airbags exploded, but no injuries on the passenger's side?

LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4 and mongo