Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exactly ONE Deep Blue Metallic car for sale this am . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping an eye on inventory in case a car showed up my wife might want instead of waiting = but since her car is now in production I've stopped- but - this am I hit refresh. . .

Exactly 1 blue car for sale in the whole country. . . .
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 8.20.05 AM.png

3C9AB072-2BD9-4241-B02E-2DA4DAECB14F.png

75 Deep Blue Metallic cars currently shown on this site. As has been stated before, there are lots of cars not shown but can be seen by a PS or OA at a Tesla store. Consult them if you are ready to buy - or just to find out what’s really available.

View attachment 263711

75 Deep Blue Metallic cars currently shown on this site. As has been stated before, there are lots of cars not shown but can be seen by a PS or OA at a Tesla store. Consult them if you are ready to buy - or just to find out what’s really available.
Most OA's suck. Like most car salesmen everywhere.

There are lots of cars available - you ask them to look. You even give them a VIN - they know what you ordered - and you never hear from them again. Even though you can buy the car right now- so after 6 weeks or so you give up because there is no point to it.

Likewise - you ask if your wife, the actual customer - can pick up a car for an overnight test drive - right down the street from where she works.

You ask twice - a third time - someone will get back to you. No one ever does.

And they wonder why we don't give them sparkling reviews . . . "why didn't you tell me?" How many times do I have to ask?

So I'm on the OA's crap list right but thats ok. . . . he's just a car salesmen - and they hate it when you call them salesmen.

Question #2 -

All of these Metallic Blue 'S' models are RWD Model 75's - and have higher VIN's than our ordered car - our VIN is 2275** - we are getting a 75D given our order date

How did Tesla assign VIN's that are higher than our's to models that have been discontinued? Its an interesting note -

132 new S75’s with recent VIN’s. Sure makes one think that they really weren’t “discontinued” when they said.

Tesla works in mysterious (and maybe slightly devious?) ways.
it's one way to get the high end Model 3 crowd to slide into a Model S - the price differential is fairly small between a high end optioned up Model 3 and a RWD Model S.

How can I check to see if the delivered vehicle is a '75D' and not a RWD 75? Short of getting under the car and looking for the front drive motor?