Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints on FSD Version 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bull on version 12, but i have several complaints that i wish Tesla would work on:
1. When i do a Disengage, I'm asked to report it by selecting the lefthand "Audio" button and make my report. BUT, darn it, the music/podcast that's over there is STILL ON and makes my input difficult to impossible. STOP the non-germane audio while making a report!!

2. It has twice taken me into a clearly marked left turn lane, AT SPEED, instead of continuing in the proper lane. ... Very SCARY

3. it often does not get into the proper lane to prepare for a turn, then at the last second tries to bull its way into the correct lane. It should make the proper preparations earlier.

4. It misses my "Home" driveway which is not well delineated but Version 11 had no difficulty with. The map shows the road/driveway very clearly ... just follow the road.

5. On non-highway two lane roads, it has some "Auto" speed selection and does not allow me to reduce the speed with the right thumbwheel. It many times is way over the speed i'm comfortable with and i have to disengage to slow down. Give me back my opportunity to reduce the speed with the right thumbwheel.

6. Its hesitancy at Stop signs with it's creeping forward to get a better view is way too long. I do like that a simple, manual "nudge" of the accelerator is enough to get it moving.

Donald Beck 2024 Model Y
[email protected]

Reactions: legendsk
I wouldn’t advise putting your contact info in a public forum like this one, unless you really like spam. 🙂

Lots of other threads on FSD v12 issues. Definitely far from perfect, but better than v11. I didn’t notice that the music stays on when doing a disengagement voice report, but maybe you have your volume higher than mine. BTW, the voice button is on the right, not the left.

5. On non-highway two lane roads, it has some "Auto" speed selection and does not allow me to reduce the speed with the right thumbwheel. It many times is way over the speed i'm comfortable with and i have to disengage to slow down. Give me back my opportunity to reduce the speed with the right thumbwheel.
This is a part of the new "automatically determine speed" option that's on the Autopilot FSD menu. Toggle that option off and it will then revert to your selection of the speed limit plus whatever offset you've selected.

I agree that on certain residential or in-city roads that it will go way over the speed limit if there are no other cars around it to use as a reasonable speed reference. My specific case is the neighborhood where I live has 4 lane divided residential streets with 30 mph speed limit. FSD will routinely want to take those as 42-45 mph it I have the automatic speed determination feature on and noone is around me. If there's someone around me driving a more reasonable 35 mph, then it will match there speed. But without that reference car, it's like a teenager our for a joyride!.

Try turning on the automatic speed limit offset setting on the Controls > Autopilot page. It only works off the highway, but I find it works well on city streets, at least where I drive. It will drive faster than the speed limit in many cases, so don't use it where the risk of a speeding ticket is high.
Asso on or off makes no difference for me, today was especially bad, the car kept harshly braking a few seconds after I would speed up the car to go under the limit over and over.

At one point the car was going 39 in a 50mph expressway with traffic flow around 58. I speed up to 58, after a few seconds car brakes down to 48 rather abruptly, I goose it up to 58, car brakes again and again until I gave up.

I don't think recalibrating the cameras would help in my case but I'm using FSD less and less anyway.

BUT, darn it, the music/podcast that's over there is STILL ON and makes my input difficult to impossible.

It'll mute other audio playing once you start the audio note recording. Works for me with bluetooth audio from my phone and the native Apple music app. Are you sure you're actually recording an audio note? Once you press the right scroll wheel to start it shows something different on screen when actually recording (I think a countdown of how much you have left)

I wouldn’t advise putting your contact info in a public forum like this one, unless you really like spam. 🙂

Lots of other threads on FSD v12 issues. Definitely far from perfect, but better than v11. I didn’t notice that the music stays on when doing a disengagement voice report, but maybe you have your volume higher than mine. BTW, the voice button is on the right, not the left.
Yeah,that's probably not a good thing to do.n Thanks for the caution. As for the reporting button: i finally figured it out. Right button was the correct "voice button".