Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seat on Ultra White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed a car seat on their ultra white seats? if so do the indentations go away? any information would be appreciated? maybe a car seat protector that is working for you.. I'm afraid of buying one that hasn't been tested on white seats and it leaving marks

thanks

Not sure why indentations would be unique to the ultra white...I'm sure if you leave the car seat installed (properly e.g. tightly) for a long period of time, then it will create indentations. Not sure if they'll go away. Car hasn't been out long enough for anyone to have empirical evidence. My guess is it won't be unique to the white. If you are worried about stains on the white, then use some sort of car seat protector.

I purchased a Summer Infant Elite Duo car seat protector for my ultra white seats and it has worked great with the car seat. I clean the car once a month, and haven't noticed any permanent indentations yet, however I've only had it for a few months.

I did notice when my 3rd row seats were down that the seat belt had actually created a deep indentation. When I went to lift up the seat for use I was worried that it would be permanent, but after an hour or so the seat went back to normal

I purchased a Summer Infant Elite Duo car seat protector for my ultra white seats and it has worked great with the car seat. I clean the car once a month, and haven't noticed any permanent indentations yet, however I've only had it for a few months.

I did notice when my 3rd row seats were down that the seat belt had actually created a deep indentation. When I went to lift up the seat for use I was worried that it would be permanent, but after an hour or so the seat went back to normal

Thanks for the response just ordered one!

Not sure why indentations would be unique to the ultra white...I'm sure if you leave the car seat installed (properly e.g. tightly) for a long period of time, then it will create indentations. Not sure if they'll go away. Car hasn't been out long enough for anyone to have empirical evidence. My guess is it won't be unique to the white. If you are worried about stains on the white, then use some sort of car seat protector.
Some materials have better "memory" than others, but in general most seat material is fairly elastic and shouldn't retain indentations. The only time indentations will be permanent is if the material has been pushed beyond it's elasticity and hence will be deformed permanently (i.e. damaged). Of course there are some materials that can be "programmed" into a shape, but I doubt they would chose such materials for seats.

Hello, I have 17mth old twin girls and thinking about the model X. Can anyone tell me how it has been maneuvering with rear facing carseats? Can you access 3rd row without removing them? How is life with a baby and model X??