Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the "Orchid Ace" is the only vehicle boat carrying Teslas which is due to dock in Australia in early April at this stage. So if its not on it and your EDD - still says ~APR, it might get delayed to May I'm guessing? Not sure if anyone knows but I was wondering how good have they been with their previous delivery estimates?

Seems like the "Orchid Ace" is the only vehicle boat carrying Teslas which is due to dock in Australia in early April at this stage. So if its not on it and your EDD - still says ~APR, it might get delayed to May I'm guessing? Not sure if anyone knows but I was wondering how good have they been with their previous delivery estimates?
Mine was Jan to Mar and it got changed to 20th April to 26th May (at least I have now received the VIN and my car is on the "Orchid Ace"

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Seems like the "Orchid Ace" is the only vehicle boat carrying Teslas which is due to dock in Australia in early April at this stage. So if it’s not on it and your EDD - still says ~APR, it might get delayed to May I'm guessing? Not sure if anyone knows but I was wondering how good have they been with their previous delivery estimates?
Rip that means I’ll have to get my VIN soon otherwise I’ll be in the May window :(

Yep - just sent him an email. He told me that Alexandria gets almost a 100 Model 3s a day but i think he was exaggerating slightly there 🤣
15 Maddox Street Alexandria is a specialized Delivery Centre and is separate from The Bourke Road Alexandria Service Centre.
It's an industrial warehouse with a large capacity for cars so I don't think 100 cars a day is an exaggeration.
TeslaAlexandriaDelivery.jpg

Random picture off Reddit, I haven't been there myself.

Wow you are super lucky because I ordered on the 2nd March and still don't have a VIN and no other updates yet...
I ordered 5th February. Model 3 RWD - Red - Black interior - 19" Nova wheels - March 26 - May 1. The car was on the VIKING PASSAMA and it has already dropped its load at PT Kembla. No VIN!!!! I'm away for seven weeks from 4th April. Not keen on my daughters picking up the car and driving into my tight turn 270 garage entrance. :eek:

I ordered 5th February. Model 3 RWD - Red - Black interior - 19" Nova wheels - March 26 - May 1. The car was on the VIKING PASSAMA and it has already dropped its load at PT Kembla. No VIN!!!! I'm away for seven weeks from 4th April. Not keen on my daughters picking up the car and driving into my tight turn 270 garage entrance. :eek:
Have you tried looking for a hidden VIN? There are a couple of hacks to do so on YouTube if you search for it.

Welcome, I got the same one but with black interiors!
I was so close to getting black interior! I will be very jealous if you end up getting yours a lot quicker than mine :)

Welcome! I'm feeling the same as you. Hoping my car arrives in weeks, rather than months. 😊

Even though I totally had my heart set on the black, that red version does look nice! Great choice!
Cheers! I had initially dismissed the new model 3 but as soon as I saw the red colour I was hooked.

As of now, deliveries for M3H with white interior takes longer than black interior. At least from the US/Canada data sheet.
Is that just a recent thing or a more longer term trend?

Viking Paglia and Morning Crystal are both ones to watch for early-mid April arrivals into Australia from Shanghai.

Reactions: kmsyd777
Maybe get them to park it at long term Airport Parking or something?

Viking Paglia and Morning Crystal are both ones to watch for early-mid April arrivals into Australia from Shanghai.
Viking Pagalia is a possibility but its headed towards Tianjin right now, so could be for another car manufacturer
Morning Crystal is currently docked in San Diego, it got there yesterday. 2-3 days turnaround, then 30 days back to Shanghai, then another 2-3 weeks to Sydney incl the 2-3 days turnaround.
They may very well be the ships, but I don't think either of them will be the ones delivering to Australia in April.
It's got to be another boat.

15 Maddox Street Alexandria is a specialized Delivery Centre and is separate from The Bourke Road Alexandria Service Centre.
It's an industrial warehouse with a large capacity for cars so I don't think 100 cars a day is an exaggeration.

Random picture off Reddit, I haven't been there myself.

I have, it's big, here's a picture from when I picked up my M3 a bit over a year ago...

20230210_134424.jpg

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
Highly
I would have thought there’d have to be at least one to still be quoting a Mar-Apr EDD even if that does slip?
Highly likely IMHO, or else they wouldn’t have been quoting that EDD window. Nothing worse than create an expectation and then miss it.

And come to think of it, it’s not just folks like us who are eagerly tracking these shipments - I’m sure that Wall St Analysts do so as well to calculate shipments etc to go into their quarterly expectations. There is big money riding on these shipments and on time deliveries!

Hey hey!

I just thought I'd finally jump in and say a friendly hello. I've been following this thread for the past week and have found the level of sleuthing incredibly entertaining.

Model 3 SR
Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 7th March 2024
EDD: February to April
No VIN just yet (hidden or otherwise)

When I ordered on the 7th of March, the delivery dates were still February to April (you've got to love that optimism). 😂. It seems like over the weekend, it changed to March - April. I'm curious to see if they did indeed stockpile a few extras on the boat that haven't been assigned since they still estimate the end of April.

Either way, happy to be here!

Last edited: