Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has posted this before - but here is a quick new M3P vs the old one from a stop. This new one should be a non-US version, and we can see the new one jumped a little bit from the start, and I would stay it still pulled a decent amount (and we do not know all the stats like SOC, battery temp).
Was hoping '24 would be faster than this

Reactions: MarkoP
Daily reminder that US gets the nice M3PH while we in EU get the version for the clowns, for more money.
Someone ran a 3.14 0-100 in an LG with 87% SOC, no warm up and not sure of ext temp. Thats 3.03 0-60 … no rollout.
Will easily beat 2.9/roll at 95% soc

Is that truly for clowns?

I’m probably in the minority here, but I’ll take an LG pack with those 19” wheels with the better aero caps over the Panasonic with the 20” goofball wheels

I also don’t believe most of the people commenting on here are looking for anything more than “bragging rights” when talking out loud to their buddies. “Yeah bro it goes 2.9 no rollout it’ll smoke your XYZ” 😂

Very, very few on here are drag racing or taking it to the track or doing anything where these small number differences *actually matter*

I’m probably in the minority here, but I’ll take an LG pack with those 19” wheels with the better aero caps over the Panasonic with the 20” goofball wheels

I also don’t believe most of the people commenting on here are looking for anything more than “bragging rights” when talking out loud to their buddies. “Yeah bro it goes 2.9 no rollout it’ll smoke your XYZ” 😂

Very, very few on here are drag racing or taking it to the track or doing anything where these small number differences *actually matter*
Thank you thank you thank you.

But he was saying specifically how it's not haptic like in the S. This was another complaint from another Youtuber. I do think they should make it more haptic to give feedback or with some more pronounced physical texture.
Wait, don't physical buttons give more feedback than haptic buttons? When I test-drove the M3, I found the physical buttons to be much better than the haptic ones on my MX.

Reactions: Jeremy3292

Yep, it's those "goofball" wheels that are holding me back from pulling the trigger on the M3P. They have zero practicality and would be expensive to swap out.

• Funny
Reactions: BMWY and Jeremy3292
Yep, it's those "goofball" wheels that are holding me back from pulling the trigger on the M3P. They have zero practicality and would be expensive to swap out.
I’m just gunna bite the bullet and buy a set of 19” with all seasons and immediately swap them out. I’ll sell the OEM ones on here or Facebook or something. A bit of a hassle for sure no doubt

Reactions: EV-lutioin
Don't know... I see around 3.5-4.0s for 60-95 which is not terribly fast...
Here are the times from 60 mph on up for the fastest 60-130 mph I ever did. It was definitely downhill too.

IMG_5877.png

Wait, don't physical buttons give more feedback than haptic buttons? When I test-drove the M3, I found the physical buttons to be much better than the haptic ones on my MX.
It’s entirely subjective. I liked the physical buttons for the door release but for the turn signals unless my thumb was perfectly placed, especially the top signal button, it wouldn’t activate. The button wouldn’t depress

It’s entirely subjective. I liked the physical buttons for the door release but for the turn signals unless my thumb was perfectly placed, especially the top signal button, it wouldn’t activate. The button wouldn’t depress
IMO they should stick with the physical buttons and have some raised dots or something so you can feel it without having to look. I know there is a little line between them but they could do a little more if we are being picky. I like physical buttons also

IMO they should stick with the physical buttons and have some raised dots or something so you can feel it without having to look. I know there is a little line between them but they could do a little more if we are being picky. I like physical buttons also
Yeah, my wife says she has to look every time she uses the turn signals. The turn signals work fine for me, but I has put little clear sticky dots on the horn, wipers and light-flash "buttons" so I can find them without looking.

Reactions: Mash and Jeremy3292

Someone in one of the Tesla fb groups actually recently modded one themselves and did just that.

1716163519577.png

Someone in one of the Tesla fb groups actually recently modded one themselves and did just that.

View attachment 1048683

Yeah, that was what I had planned to try as well after giving the stock version a try. These things can be found pretty cheap at craft stores or on Amazon.

I had hoped that maybe one of them would be a slightly raised 'bump', and the other a slightly 'indented' divot, to make them both different and easier to discern without looking.

But will find out when I get mine. I think muscle-memory will eventually kick in and it won't matter as much. :)

Pure copium. I get it though :)

Reactions: musculobog