Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wired Money Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Want to inspect the car before I drive away.

But my credit union will wire the money to Tesla before I pick up the car. I know I can hold off on the down payment and use PLAID on delivery day for that. But what if I refuse delivery will they wire the money back to the CU? How long does that take?

Hi,

Want to inspect the car before I drive away.

But my credit union will wire the money to Tesla before I pick up the car. I know I can hold off on the down payment and use PLAID on delivery day for that. But what if I refuse delivery will they wire the money back to the CU? How long does that take?
Just have your bank raft a Cashier's Check for the amount owed. Perform inspection, approve of delivery, hand them the check. Drive away. If you refuse delivery you simply write "Not used for purposes intended" on the back of the check where you sign, then sign below that and deposit it back into your account.

Just have your bank raft a Cashier's Check for the amount owed. Perform inspection, approve of delivery, hand them the check. Drive away. If you refuse delivery you simply write "Not used for purposes intended" on the back of the check where you sign, then sign below that and deposit it back into your account.
Iike this idea but I am using fedchoice and I think they like to wire the cash.. but let me check

Iike this idea but I am using fedchoice and I think they like to wire the cash.. but let me check
It doesn't matter what they like. What matters is what you need. If a banking institution can't provide something as basic and fundamental to banking when I need, it I'd be shopping for a new banking institution that can provide basic needs. Otherwise, what's the point of doing business with them?