Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are Model 3's not able to charge at DC Fast Charging sites in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't sure about how it is in the States but I know there are far fewer Superchargers in Canada. Where I live the closest one is 100 km away. I am travelling to a city about 200km away from here tomorrow and there are no superchargers on the whole trip so I will need to use a Level 2 charging station to re-charge for my trip back home the same day which will take hours.

So it is as simple as a software update?
None of us here are absolutely certain about that, because we are not Tesla engineering. I saw some comment in another thread about someone being told by a Tesla rep about an old version of the adapter versus a new version of the adapter, something something blah blah, but they also said it would work right now, which was clearly wrong, so I don't think there's any reliable information about what it will take really. The CHAdeMO adapters do have firmware in them that can be upgraded too, so it may be a software update to both the cars and the existing adapters.