Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this warning light symbol?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find this symbol of the car and muted speaker at the lower left in the manual. It comes up briefly during initial start up.
Thanks

Attachments

• DashSymbol.jpg
    DashSymbol.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 141
Not 100% certain, but I'd suspect it's related to the Pedestrian Warning Sound system. That's a safety feature, so there are likely requirements for there to be an indicator when it's not functioning properly (and when you start the car, that's a "test" of the indicators for other safety systems).

Believe the system is new for 2020 MY, so that might explain why the user manual online doesn't have the icon yet.

Not 100% certain, but I'd suspect it's related to the Pedestrian Warning Sound system. That's a safety feature, so there are likely requirements for there to be an indicator when it's not functioning properly (and when you start the car, that's a "test" of the indicators for other safety systems).

Believe the system is new for 2020 MY, so that might explain why the user manual online doesn't have the icon yet.

It's not new for 2020 MY. The M3 has the pedestrian warning system already. People are unplugging it and it's likely when the law goes into effect (September 2020) that warning light will be activated. They might end up with a more annoying beep in the cabin and failing inspection.

This what I was thinking. I don’t want to know strongly enough to disconnect a speaker though...

You were correct! After your suggestion, I searched the manual for "Pedestrian" and it showed up on page 74. I've had the car for 3 weeks and have only glanced at the manual. My fault...
Thanks for your help.