Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What colors have been seen on production 3's so far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
So far, I have seen only the same drab, dull, dark, boring colors on the 3 as on the S and X. I'm hoping for a plain white color. Not pearl white, because I don't like its looks or extra cost.

I read about the new Gray color, but big surprise -- it is a very dark color that will show dust, dirt, dents, and dings almost as well as black. So the new Gray sucks.

I want bright happy fun colors, not the same old corporate dull dark crap that old people put on their cars.

Dodge has lots of good bright colors on the Charger, Challenger, and Jeep vehicles. Ford copied and stole the nice bright blue from the 1971 Dodge TB3 "Petty Blue" color and put it on their Mustangs.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
"Petty Blue" was inspired by Ford's 1970 "Grabber Blue"

The way I read it years ago, the Petty shop was mixing up some paint many years back to paint their racing cars, and they didn't have enough blue or white separately, so they mixed them. And the nice blue color came from that. I prefer to go with that story.

Plus, aside from a few low production units like the Ford GT, Ford was never the leader in performance, so it doesn't surprise me they would resurrect and copy Dodges' paint color too.

So far, I have seen only the same drab, dull, dark, boring colors on the 3 as on the S and X. I'm hoping for a plain white color. Not pearl white, because I don't like its looks or extra cost.

I read about the new Gray color, but big surprise -- it is a very dark color that will show dust, dirt, dents, and dings almost as well as black. So the new Gray sucks.

I want bright happy fun colors, not the same old corporate dull dark crap that old people put on their cars.
A reminder of the past; something for the Model 3 team to aspire to...

San Francisco Bay Area Roadster Meet 9/11/16

It appears that they are sticking the to existing/current Model S & X colors... At least for now.

I don't think we have seen any Model 3 painted in a new color for Tesla.

There have been some matte black Model 3s sighted. They look rather nice, actually.
model 3 black matte - Google leit:
Like midnight silver without the shine, and maybe a touch darker. I like matte / satin paint. I'm not sure why there's always a focus on gloss.

That was one of the concept cars from the initial reveal. Since they started building production intent cars at the factory, we haven't (as far as I know) seen any more sign of a flat/matte Model 3.