Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charging cables come as standard with the Model Y in the United Kingdom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but here goes;

I am located in the United Kingdom and I taking delivery of a Model Y on 5th September.

I've just had a Tesla Wall Connector fitted at home, but I'm just wondering about when I'm out on the road. Does the Model Y ship with any cabling whatsoever and if not, what would I need to buy in order to be able to use the superchargers (I'm suspecting they're hard wired so I wouldn't need my own cable for them) or the office car park charging system (my office is 200 miles from home so I would ideally like to charge there when I have to visit it rather than stop and use a supercharger)?

Thanks in advance.

I am not too familiar with the UK situation, so I don't know what comes with the cars, but I can answer that one question. The Tesla Superchargers do have permanently attached cables, so you don't need to bring anything to use those. A lot of public charging stations throughout Europe have the Type2 ports, but no cable, so a driver needs to supply the cable that has Type2 plugs on each end. But I don't know if Tesla includes that with the cars in the UK or not.

Upvote 0
You'll likely get more accurate answers in the UK/Ireland section of forum as the non-regional parts of this forum are dominated by people in North America (which is the nature of the Internet)

A recent thread on what comes with Model 3 in the UK suggests it comes with both the Mobile Connector (aka UMC and referred to as "granny charger" by some people) for charging at home and the Type 2 cable for charging from public charging stations. I can't imagine it would be any different for Model Y.

And as Rocky_H says the superchargers are hardwired.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but here goes;

I am located in the United Kingdom and I taking delivery of a Model Y on 5th September.

I've just had a Tesla Wall Connector fitted at home, but I'm just wondering about when I'm out on the road. Does the Model Y ship with any cabling whatsoever and if not, what would I need to buy in order to be able to use the superchargers (I'm suspecting they're hard wired so I wouldn't need my own cable for them) or the office car park charging system (my office is 200 miles from home so I would ideally like to charge there when I have to visit it rather than stop and use a supercharger)?

Thanks in advance.
People picking them up at the moment are getting the slow, 3-pin charging cable and a 7.5m type 2 cable

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0