Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We're Here to Help You Every Step of the Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, TMC!

As per our Introduction Thread, we are one of the club's newest supporting vendors. We appreciate all the warm welcomes and look forward to assisting this amazing community. Thank you again for having us!

The intent of this thread?

In today's fast past environment, inventory and extended wait times are considerations most of us weigh when choosing where we do business. Discount Tire recently partnered with Tesla Service Centers (TSC) in select areas of South Carolina, Georgia, & Florida, with aim to streamline end to end service for Tesla vehicle owners.

If you were referred to Discount Tire by TSC for your tire related needs, we would love to hear from you! We are always looking for ways to improve our services and your feedback will help us to ensure your visit to Discount Tire improved your experience in owning a Tesla. This survey should take less than 3 minutes to complete; feel free to share your experience in this thread as well!

Haven't been referred by TSC?

We are here to listen, and your opinions are extremely valuable to us. If we've had the pleasure of servicing your Tesla, please share your experience in this thread as well. Also, if you've never given us a look before, we welcome you to get to know us and take a look around at what we offer by follow the link below.

Last edited:
Y'all were smart to go full in on EV's. There are countless threads here on EV tires and everyone always says "Discount Tire" for where you want to go if you have a Tesla/EV. Same story on my local Facebook groups. Always thought it was really dumb of other large car/tire companies to not embrace it as "money is money" no matter what car driver it comes from. Some of these places don't even know how to jack the vehicle and put tires on a Tesla...meanwhile Discount Tire even has the "Tesla pucks". So kudos to y'all and glad to see you as a sponsor here!

So kudos to y'all and glad to see you as a sponsor here!

Thank you for the kind words, Jeremy - we're pleased to be here!

Just made a rotation appointment but there was no option for rotation only. It includes balancing. This is my 6K rotation. Do I need balancing?

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist with the rotation! If you prefer not to have your tires balanced during your visit, just let the member your working with at check-in know, and they will note that on your work order.

To your question... technically, no, balancing is not needed during a rotation. However for us, we do recommend balancing at time of rotation. When moving the tire/wheel assemblies from one axle position to another (such as front to rear) an imbalance may be felt that was not previously noticed. Also, tires will tend to go out of balance slightly with wear, so to maximize wear, comfort and noise, I would consider having the tires balanced during your normal rotation period.

@Discount Tire I've got new wheels coming this week and need someone to mount and balance and do TPMS swap onto my current OEM 21" tires. I was thinking about going to Discount Tire in High Point, NC as they are close to me. I don't want my new wheels getting scratched in the process. Confident in Discount Tire HP?

My visit to Discount Tire, January 2018. Four new tires. Due again in about 10,000. I’ll be back. My Subaru got reshod here November 2021.

IMG_0285.jpeg

Thank you for thinking of @rjhoskins! We would love the opportunity to help with the tire changeover and I'm confident the High Point, NC location will get you taken care of 👍

You can set up an appointment online HERE. If you have any concerns before service, be sure to mention them to the team member you're working with during check-in.
Discount Tire High Point, NC today to install my new Signature Wheels. Great experience, would I return to this location? 100% yes.

C99BE055-FF11-4DDF-AB4A-EA6046D3596E.jpeg
9CD23423-032B-438F-9D7E-758FBC6E039B.jpeg
F1065725-490B-4821-9872-6412C50D9490.jpeg