Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Transfer from one account to another

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
Background info; ordered my wife's car using ApplePay to pay the order fee. ApplePay was setup using an email that is not the same as my Tesla account thus creating a new account. Tried asking Tesla to transfer the order to my existing Tesla account and they were no help. Decided to move forward with delivery anyway. Post delivery, Tesla still has been no help; they're only suggesting the 'change of ownership' steps in the app.

Question(s), do the documents found in the account transfer with the car? I'm assuming not since there is personal info in the order agreement and loan agreement. If not, are those docs still available on the original account after the car ownership has been removed? Since the docs are found within the car's details, I would assume the car, and any details, would be removed from the account.
Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.58.26 PM.png

Same sitation. My pickup is tomorrow and was hoping they would be able to do this after I take delivery but it doesn't seem like they are willing to help. This is odd as its so important to have your identity right on the Tesla platform but they are unable to do this for folks that can prove both accounts belong to them.